x

Is there a way to custom report sales on specific days?

Hi,

I would like to know how to customize sales reports for specific days. For example I want to see how Saturday and only Saturday sales are throughout the month, 3 months (quarterly), or year.   

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

To get more specific than the reports in Squareup.com You would need to export your sales data and then manipulate it in a spreadsheet program to get the level of detail you want.

you can pick a 2 date range in the reports to see sales data but it won't be vs the previous week or quarter.

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Has anything changed with this? This would be a great add to the reports section . 

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

@GRUBBINGRINGOS ;

Not that I am aware of but after exporting your data to Excel you can change a date to a Day of the week and then use Insert pivot table, which will create a pivot table and have it filter by the chosen day you like.

Here is how to convert 9-18-2023 to either Mon or Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfkLDfspy7E 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

@GRUBBINGRINGOS ;

I would like to thank you for resurfacing this, as I missed it when it was first brought up.  I have now been able to do this using Excel and Power Query.  Again you can not do this through Square or there reports but using Excel I was able to download Squares Data to csv files then use Power Query to make a Query for all the CSV files of Transfer-Details......csv to form the data Pivot Table below that I can filter by Day.   

I showed two days Sunday and Wednesday for examples:

Filtered by SundayFiltered by SundayFiltered by WednesdayFiltered by WednesdayRed Circle gets you the Filter Drop downRed Circle gets you the Filter Drop down

In Cells B1 you can see the Day and you can easily just easily select the Day from the Drop Down. In Cell B1 I can choose any day, Multiple Days or All days.   As you can also see this breaks the Sunday and Wednesday sales down by Year, Quarter, Month and Days by just selecting the (+/-) next to the Year, QTR, or Month.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Awesome! Are you exporting the Daily report for each year?

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

@GRUBBINGRINGOS ;

No I do not export my Balance Transfers daily.  I was initially, then I realized I could do them at the end of the week, to check my reports and inventory.  Then at the end of each month I do 1 at the end of the month and delete all the weekly ones.  Then at the end of the Year I do one for the previous year to have few csv files and not have a huge list of them all.   So what you actually saw the reports from are Years csv files from 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and then monthly csv files for 2023.  My currents September Csv files are in a folder I named monthly which does not show in those screen shots.  I have a Folder Square sales which has folders Weekly, Monthly and Yearly.  So at the end of the month I check my weekly report to make sure it matches the monthly, When they match I move the monthly to my yearly folder to see how I am doing compared to previous years.  Once I move that to the yearly I delete the 4 or 5 weekly downloaded csv files to begin the next months files.  Then at the end of the Year I down load the yearly file to make sure they match with the Months I previously downloaded.   As long as it all matches, I delete the previous 12 months, and just keep the yearly csv file.  Since the yearly File has all the Dates and Deposits in it, this file can create each days sales as shown in my previous pictures.

Excel power query can take different csv files, merge them together then export a Pivot Table, which is from a combination of all the csv files that were merged.  Then the next time I add 2023's file to that folder, all I need to do is Refresh the data, and the new file is automatically added to the pivot table.

I learned my Power Query from YouTube videos like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aeZX1l4JT4&t=75s 

The only difference is that instead of having "order Data (year)"  you would have Transfer-Details.......csv for example.

And what I did was instead of Close and Load I chose Close and Load to: Pivot Table.  So now on my Pivot Table I just click Refresh all Data and the additional sheets are loaded, combined Transformed and then exported to an Updated Pivot Table.  And as you see Kevin moving things around on the Pivot Table to add or remove data quickly around the 14:00 minute mark.  I still have not looked at the charts.  Then at 14:50 he gets the 2020 data and shows how easy it is to add the next years data.

I also tried doing these Power Queries with Transactions Csv files and Item Details Files to merge and export the actual items to my QuickBooks to track sales in QuickBooks by items instead of just a Daily Sales Total.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

@GRUBBINGRINGOS ;

When in Power Query you need to edit the Date from something like 02-24-2020 to Tuesday, to be able to sort or filter by Day.

Here is how I did that after watching this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om4D0FC3mMo 

And since you do it in Power Query once it is saved, it applies it to all files that the Power Query references.

If you have more questions I will try to help.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 9 of 9