x

Questions about some unique situations

My business does events, and I've got 2 coming up, that have given me 2 issues to solve.

Event 1: I need a page for my store that has a private link, so that only the people that can use the link have gotten it from the event leader. Is this possible?

Event 2: The organizers used to have a square account and  square reader, like 3 years ago. Nobody on the committee knows what's happened to it. Is it possible for me to add a 2nd account onto my reader, along with a 2nd bank account, temporarily, I'd delete the account as soon as all funds have been processed. It's a school PTA, and the difference of the money going straight to their account saves me about $180 in room rental fees. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@pyopstudio 

#1 you can set up a square site "yourname.square.site" and password protect it if you like.  If you don't advertise the link it will in essence be private.

#2  You can set up a 2nd square account and log in with those credentials and use the same hardware.  If you wanted to add a 2nd "location" and set it up for the event you could do that.  I am not sure about having the deposit go to a different bank account, but I believe you can set that up in the online dashboard.  Note of caution: if you set up a new account and process a large some of money quickly it can raise red flags for fraud watch.  The 2nd location option may be the best, but it will be under your business and you will have to do the accounting at the end of the year etc.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2