x

Bluehost and Domain Pointing

I am new to using Square and I have a domain name through Blue Host.  I followed the DNS instructions, updated the @ and www records using the provided IP addresses, I waited the specified amount of time, and my domain name is still not connecting to my Square website. 

What do I check next?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

@engravd Sometimes it takes time for the dns to update..I have seen 1 hour and 3 days in my own experience.

I would just keep checking and do a whois search also to see the settings.  I am not familiar with blue host, but I used godaddy.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 10

The name of the site is engravd.com and I'm seeing a message in green that it is connected.  Then when I try to manage it and connect the domain to a site I have, I pick engravd.com from the drop down.  But once I complete that, and save it.  The screen still shows Disconnected.

Is this the time delay or am I doing something incorrectly.

CONNECT.jpg

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

It sounds like it could just be a propagation issue, @engravd but what is the domain name? 

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

Have you tried doing the DNS inside of Square, I've found on other projects I've worked on the nameservers that it is pointed to can then manage the DNS, this is the case with a domain I have from names.co.uk which is pointed to infinityfree.net where I now manage the DNS (please note this other domain and server are not Square related so some information may not be 100% accurate)

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 10

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue.  Bluehost to square, Square states the the domain is connected but when I try to edit the site destination it just defaults back to 'not connected'. 

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for reaching out, @thegreenaxe

Can you please confirm the domain name attached to your website? 

Message 7 of 10

Also, I want to add that it sounds like the domain is still connected to your BlueHost website. You will need to contact BlueHost if you are not able to disconnect it yourself. 

Once the domain is freed up you will be able to assign it to your Square/Weebly site without seeing that error. 

Message 8 of 10

I am experiencing the same problem. Is this a common problem? I have previously linked several domains to you.

Message 9 of 10

Thanks for reaching out, @BlueNote 

We have limited access to third party hosting accounts. We may not be able to see the issue you are experiencing, but can you post a link to your website so we can confirm? 

That said, if your host is Bluehost you will need to reach out to the directly here. Again, I'm happy to provide any information I can see from my end once you confirm the URL.

Thanks! 

Message 10 of 10