x

Can I transfer / deposit funds from my bank to my Square Card?

This title of this thread has been updated from "How do I route deposits to Square Card?"

Hello, how do I route my deposits to my Square Card? I tried to change my debit card to my Square Card but I got a message saying that I did not need to do change my card.

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  3. Enter the amount to transfer.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.
  5. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer details, tap Add.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 88 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

I activated my Square Card but I don't see an "Add money" button anywhere under Balance

Message 64 of 95
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Message 65 of 95

I just went to that article and on my acct i have a linked debit card but still no option to add funds to square acct. is there something I’m missing ? 

Message 66 of 95

Hi there, @Shar0913 👋 While you may have an active debit card attached to your account for Instant Deposit purposes, you can only load balance onto a Square Card from your bank account.

Joe
Message 67 of 95

Well how would i do that ? As i have both my card and bank account connected . I’m trying to add funds to square and the only option i see is to move square funds to bank acct. and that is not what i want to do

Message 68 of 95

Correct - it sounds like you have an Instant Deposit Card and Bank account attached to account, but you do not have a Square Card on your account. You will need to sign up for a Square Card in order to load a balance and use your card. @Shar0913.

More FAQ's and answers on Square Card here.

Joe
Message 69 of 95

I have a square card as well. On my account there is no option to add funds from my bank acct.

Message 70 of 95

Are you trying to load your card via the Square App or the Online Dashboard, @Shar0913?

Joe
Message 71 of 95

I have tried both. The option is not available

Message 72 of 95

Got it, @Shar0913 - I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly. They can help you troubleshoot further!

Joe
Message 73 of 95

From my online dashboard (on my PC) I click the three bars (hamburger) and click on the Balance icon. It opens the Overview, but there is no option showing for "Add Money" (no drop-down list). Nor is a button on the Overview page for Add Money. Where can I find "Add Money"???

Message 74 of 95
Alumni

Have you tried tapping the amount field and enter a dollar amount? The add money button will only activate once an amount is entered to transfer. 

@JerryHollConsul

Justin
Message 75 of 95

Thanks for the reply @JustinC. The problem is, I can't get to the point where you put in the dollar ammount. The directions say go to the Balance page, then on the Overview > Add Money. I don't have an Overview tab, just a list on the left side that looks like this:

Overview

Square Card

Activity ^

All

Card Spend

Transfers

Transfer Settings

The middle of the page show my Balance with a blue button under it that says, "Transfer to Bank"

Thanks Again,
Jerry

Message 76 of 95
Alumni

@JerryHollConsul 

Super strange. Sorry your Dashboard isn't properly showing the Add Money button. That shouldn't be happening. Can you reach out to our CS Team so they can take a look? Please loop back here to let us know what happened. 

Justin
Message 77 of 95

Amount field where? In the Dashboard, I click on Banking, then Balance, then on the Location. There is a Transfer Out button (I'm trying to transfer in). That's it. No place to enter an amount. Similarly, in the app, I only see "Transfer to Bank."

Message 78 of 95

Hello @terri_ftp !

And welcome to our Seller Community, we're always happy to see new faces. 

I would recommend reaching out to our direct support team about this issue, as it seems to be an account-specific one. 

You can reach support by logging in to your account and heading here.

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 79 of 95

I am new to the square community.  When I add funds, I get this message below.  Could someone help me to troubleshoot this?

"The transaction could not be completed. Please try again later."

How do I find the account and routing number of my square business account?

Message 80 of 95
Alumni

Yikes, sounds like our CS Team will need to take a look. Have you tried reaching out yet? 

@witw

Justin
Message 81 of 95

Is there fees associated with transferring money to square from your linked bank account.  

Message 82 of 95

I do not see the Add Money option anywhere. I've checked both the app and online. Nothing. I've transferring money from my linked bank account and get an ADA invalid error when I put in the bank info for my Square checking. Can someone tell me how to do this in 2022?

Message 83 of 95

Trying to transfer money into my Square account from my checking account

Message 84 of 95