x

Move from Free to Pro

Hi,

I manage a website for our company that is owned by the graphic designer and shared with me to make changes.

I want to start again so my question is, can I add a new site using the free builder then use this to replace the content of the site on the pro account?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @ride!

So, there are a few different ways you can do this:

1. The owner of the site can have the site moved to a brand new account that you would then take over and upgrade. To do this, have the owner of the site contact our Support Team at hc.weebly.com

2. You could start a new site on your account and rebuild the site from scratch, upgrading to Pro whenever you are ready.

Thanks, and good luck.

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Erin,

So is it possible to rebuild our site using a free account and then have the the owner of the pro account move the new site over to the pro account or would this result in needing and paying for 2 pro accounts or sites.

As the graphic designer and owner of the account also takes care of hosting etc. I would still like to keep it that way but would like to create an entirely new site and essentially cut and paste over the top of the existing one all while only paying for 1 pro account, is this achievable?

Message 3 of 7

Hello @ride

It looks like you are creating the site in your account but you an editor/contributor to the site that has the pro plan. We cannot transfer a plan from one account to another. Is it possible to have another site created in the same account as the PRO plan and you can just be added as an editor to that site? This way we can just move the domain and the PRO plan from one site to another much easier.

Message 4 of 7

Thanks NickyLimes,

I could do that but wouldnt that result in paying for 2 sites? The owner of the pro account told me that each website has a yearly fee with Weebly to access the Content Management System, is that correct?

Message 5 of 7

What Nick is suggesting is instead of building the free site in your account, building the free site in the account that the Pro service is in. The Pro service can be moved from site to site in the same account. So it would be best to build the site in the account that has the service in it.
Message 6 of 7

Oh right, cool, il give that a go then.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 7