x

Can every page have an H1 line? Or H2 for that matter?

I paid for a SEO eval of my site.  It said I needed H1 lines in teh header.  So it took me about 890 hours to figure that out, and I did it.  On one page.  Can or should this be done on all other pages?  Thanks!  Sorry to ask so many questions, I am trying to get things more active on teh website and it's such a pain.  

3,833 Vistas
Mensaje 1 de 8
Denunciar contenido inapropiado
Respuestas
Square

You could add your H1 code to an embed Code Element in your Footer, though this would mean it would have the same text on every page of your site.  Another option is to copy the Embed Code element to each page that you want it on using the blue arrow on the top right of the element, that way you can have different text.

Hope that helps, @iloveyogamaya!

3,831 Vistas
Mensaje 2 de 8

Hi there. What even is H1 and H2? I had an audit done on my site also and it asks for these... Any tutorials that can help me with this?

3,787 Vistas
Mensaje 3 de 8

H tags signify the different texts on a page. An H1 tag is usually a title - the text that stands out the most. H2 is generally the regular text on your page. 

Here's an interesting read about H tags and Weebly that might have some helpful tips and tricks for you: http://www.webnots.com/how-to-add-h1-to-h6-heading-tags-in-weebly/

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Erin

3,784 Vistas
Mensaje 4 de 8

Hello Weebly,

This H1 Title tag issue is a huge problem for anyone wanting good SEO.

Weebly must use H1 Title tags for the title option in the elements page. This is a huge waste of time for Weebly users and the whole reason we came to Weebly was to have ease of use and SEO built in.

Please make the fix. 

Thank you

3,117 Vistas
Mensaje 5 de 8

You can also try SuperTitles available in the Weebly App Center for 99 cents. It adds an element to your tool set and which allows you to add H1 titles with simple drag and drop. 

3,766 Vistas
Mensaje 6 de 8

I just did this for a Weebly site:

1. To place an H1 Title Tag on a page: use the free Weebly App called, "H1 Tag". It works nicely.

2. To place an H2 Title tag on a page: use the Weebly element called,"Title"- it's under the "Basic" section of your elements.

3. To check that you indeed have put an H1 and H2's on a specific published page - I use 'MozBar' to check, it's free. Just Google 'MozBar'.(MozBar is compatable with a Chrome Web Browser.)

1,803 Vistas
Mensaje 7 de 8
Square

Thanks for sharing, @Lea

1,801 Vistas
Mensaje 7 de 8