Highlighted

How to: Start a New Thread in the Community

[ Edited ]

Hello! Let's take a quick tour of how to start a new thread in the community. 

The first thing to check is whether or not your question has already been answered. You can do this by searching in the search box on the homepage. As you start typing, threads will appear below the text box.

If one of them matches your question, you can click on it from there. Otherwise, you can click on the "start thread" button to make a new post:  

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.23.18 AM.jpeg

If you start typing and threads don't pop up for you, it's time to start a new thread! You can do this right from the homepage: 

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.24.04 AM-2.jpeg

Or if you click Search, you can take a look at the best results for thread matches and start a new thread from there if you don't see what you're looking for: 

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.24.17 AM.jpeg

If this is your first time posting, welcome! We're happy to have you! Make sure to check out our Community Orientation too. 😊

Message 1 of 7 (2,734 Views)
6 Replies

Re: Community Etiquette Guidelines

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread? Is there a certain user level that must be reached before being able to start a new thread?

Message 2 of 7 (2,455 Views)

Re: Community Etiquette Guidelines

Message 3 of 7 (2,443 Views)

Re: How to: Start a New Thread in the Community

Message 4 of 7 (801 Views)

I need help. I am new and forgot to get a link to sign up under my friend can I change that so we both get the free processing 

Message 5 of 7 (382 Views)

Hey @Mskinca, welcome to Square! 🎉  Since this is a public forum, we can't get into too many details about your account, but if you email our support team we'll see if we can sort this out for you. Cheers! 

Message 6 of 7 (350 Views)

Re: Why can't I create a new topic?

@RCT - wanted to let you know that we put this post together that explains how to start a new thread. Hope this helps clarify! 

Message 7 of 7 (898 Views)