x

Customer data exposed

There is a bug that exposes customer data to service providers in the web version

I'm not sure how to file a bug report to square so here it is

Here are permission settings for Service Provider:

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 1.18.16 PM.png

In the settings above: Customer data should be hidden for Service Providers

When logged in as Service Provider in the Appointments iOS app, it works as expected, phone and email are hidden with dots:

IMG_7414 2.jpg

When logging in web version in Safari or clicking an appointment link in SMS notification message for Service Provider (that are sent for every new appointment) you can see the phone number and email of the customer (under red paint there is real data exposed, painted over for privacy reasons)

IMG_7415 2.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hey @TheNails , has anyone reached out to you about this?  Seems like it should be looked into. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @TheNails - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. My apologies that this has not been addressed by one of our team members sooner.

I have reached out to our Advanced Support Team to see if they can confirm that this is indeed a known issue with Square Appointments or not.

Once I receive an update, I'll be sure to reach back out to you here. We appreciate your patience!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello again @TheNails - Alanah here following up from yesterday.

I reached out to our Square Appointments Support Team and they have confirmed this is currently a known issue within our system. They have asked that I direct you to contact our Support Team in order to get this issue reported to our Engineers for further investigation.

When you have a moment, please contact our Support Team here

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Ok thanks, I will contact the Support Team

Message 5 of 5