x

Square stand update? New iPad Air

Hi there, I have been using my iPad Air 2 with the square stand for a number of years. Now my iPad has died and I replaced it with an iPad Air 3 (2019) Low and behold it's bigger and now won't fit into my Square stand. Is there an adaptation I can make? OR do I need to purchase a whole new stand? 

Jenny P

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jenniferpatters

As a short answer yes, a new Stand would be required to be able to use Square Stand with your new iPad.

When Apple increased the size of its iPads Square decided to provide support to these new models and in order to do so in the most effective way, the next generation of Square Stand was released.  It has new improvements and features like a built-in Contactless and Chip Reader!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

OK so here is the next question, I vend at a lot of outdoor art shows where I don't have power. Will the new stand set up, work on just battery power? I am thinking since I have to get a new stand, I would bundle my old one and chip reader together and offer them up for sale somewhere. BUT Should I keep my current chip reader? 

Jenny P

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Stepping in for JJ here @jenniferpatters. The Square Stand is not battery powered so you'd need a power source to run it. Your new iPad would still be able to be paired to the Square Reader you already have. 

Message 4 of 4