x
Admin

Welcome to the Artists and Makers group! ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿงถ ๐Ÿงต

Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Artists & Makers group in Seller Community! Whether you're selling your work or selling items made by others, this is the group for you. You can use this space to ask questions and share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself or start a new thread about anything you want! 

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you and your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 143
142 REPLIES 142
Super Seller

Hello @ElisabethB so excited to have this new group! Thanks for your work in putting everything together. My name is Charlie and I run a small card and gift shop in Hershey, Pennsylvania. I started out about six years ago making stained glass panels, windows, lamps, ornaments and jewelry. Over those years I refined what products work best for my business and my main focus now are ornaments and jewelry.

After running around doing art/craft shows and pop-up markets, I decided to open my brick and mortar retail store; lugging around a hatchback filled with tents and crates gets really old ... really fast LOL. So at this stage in my business, I sell my handmade items in my own store, on my Square website, and an original Etsy site. I also sell wholesale to other retail stores all across the country! My main focus this past year has been trying to grow my wholesale business.

I'm so excited to find out what everyone else loves to make, and share tips for selling. Its great fun and very rewarding to be a maker....but it's even more exciting and rewarding to also be a SELLER too!

Message 2 of 143
Admin

Love this, @HC_Charlie! Thank you for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 3 of 143

Hi, Charlie.  My name is Monty and I am a nature photographer/woodworker.  I've been selling at markets and have a booth at one local gift store, but I would very much like to expand to selling wholesale.  I don't feel I have the time to run a storefront of my own and maintaining multiple booths at retail stores is also time consuming.  If you have had luck and have any insights to share, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

www.mopho.live

Message 4 of 143

Hi Charlie!

I just checked out your website.  Cool stuff.  Being a seamstress, who occasionally quilts on the side, I love the quilt designs and think it's cool how you came up with them. Way to go! I'll be sharing your website with other sewing aficionados.

Message 5 of 143
Beta Member

Thx for the invite! Hi! Iโ€™m Cherie from Beadle. Iโ€™m a Maker and a shop owner. I sell finely crated Canadian handmade goods from over 30 Makers. My store is located in Toronto and weโ€™ve been in biz since 2006. 

Message 6 of 143

Hi I'm Dani from Preston, UK
I am a Leatherworker - I am self-taught during the pandemic. I make all kinds of things; keyrings, bracelets, earrings, notebook covers, bookmarks, bags, wallets, purses, you name it! I also do a lot of custom work including the leather on suits of armour, reenactment gear, basically anything!

I have a box container shop at the moment, which I am actually giving up at the end of August in order to build an at-home workshop in the garden and will be selling online and at makers markets. 

Trying to juggle the business, plus two part-time jobs is incredibly exhausting but I am loving it!

Message 7 of 143
Beta Member

Great!   I am a one-Geek sewing, painting and crafting machine ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a small Georgia business that attends craft show events throughout the year.  I create a combination of practical fabric items along with fabric and mixed media artwork.  I incorporate LGBTQIA themes across the board.

After 3 years, I am still slowly growing.  In the last month I decided to start producing sticker versions of my artwork and I am pretty excited about that as we trudge toward the holiday shopping season.  Early for that you may think?   I just paid for a 2 day holiday event this morning- lol.

Geek In Stitches, Beta Member
Square Shop
Social Media Hub
Message 8 of 143
Beta Member

Hello!

My name is David Vallance, I run a pottery studio in Victoria B.C. I am a second generation potter that sells wholesale and retail. www.vallancestudio.ca

Message 9 of 143

Hi! Thanks for the invite!

My name is Elisabeth and I am the owner of Ellsworth Creations in Lafayette, Louisiana! I make earrings, lapel pins, and more out of polymer clay! It's all done by myself, though sometimes my husband helps. ^_^

I started making things out of polymer clay in 2020 and opened an Etsy shop in September of 2020. Since then, I decided to switch to my own website and Square was the perfect place. I am completely self taught, so I am looking forward to the tips that come from this group!

Lately, I've been juggling business, life, being a wife, a mother to a 3 yo, and pregnant. ๐Ÿ˜… But I'm hoping to be able to get back into creating and adding more items to my site within the week! This life, sure ain't easy. Haha!

Shop: https://Ellsworth-Creations.square.site
Message 10 of 143
Admin

Welcome, @Ells3500! Always nice to meet another Elisabeth! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 11 of 143

Same! The s spelling is so rare! โค๏ธ

Shop: https://Ellsworth-Creations.square.site
Message 12 of 143

Hi Elisabeth and Everyone!

I am a SoapLady making Shea Butter Soaps since 1998.  I just retired in November from Art and Craft Shows but still sell online through my website CornerSoapShop.com (which has been active since 2003) and to wholesale accounts.  I am trying to ramp the wholesale side of my business up so I am really interested in any help on that front. 

Jackie

Message 13 of 143
Super Seller

Hi Everyone - Thank you for the invite to this new group. I have been in the ceramic industry since 1999 - I was in metalsmithing (fine jewelry making) and then in ceramics (I worked in the supply side, retail, wholesale) for about 18 years and also own a maker space (MudFire in Atlanta/Decatur) and gallery space for others to pursue hobby-time, secondary income, and full scale makers. We have 7 electric kilns, a gas, a soda, and raku firing area. We offer a mentorship program as well.

I've just recently started making some work again - I'm tying ceramic pieces in with metals (maybe pictures soon (?). Primarily I spend about 80 hours a week running the studio space and loading/unloading kilns and troubleshooting in the mentorship/residency program.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 14 of 143
Beta Member

WOW. Iโ€™m exhausted reading all that you do AND excited for you. 

Madeline she/her
Message 15 of 143

Hello! My name is Tara. My mom and I own and operate Sweet As Honey Online Shop. We make soy candles, wax melts, and just started making room sprays. We do not currently have a brick and mortar shop, but we attend vendor events close to where we live. It's alot of work, but brings us so much joy!

Message 16 of 143

Hello, My name is Jennifer Patterson I have been working in Polymer clay for almost 30 years, 25 of them making jewelry inspired by and for quilters. I have recently branched out into the hot air balloon niche. I sell via in person shows and conventions and my website, which I moved updated during the pandemic. 

Message 17 of 143

What's up everybody? I'm excited to be here. My name is Jay Lane and I have a part-time business in Louisville, Kentucky called Made By Jay Lane. This is our fourth year. We make custom 3D wood art, bourbon barrel heads, signs, and more. Everything is hand-cut on a scroll saw and hand-painted. My specialty has been custom Bourbon barrel heads but I'm starting to do large artwork with LEDs. I'm licensed with the University of Louisville and two local professional soccer teams. You can check out my website or follow me on Twitter or Instagram. Most of our sales are through our e-commerce website and social media. I do shows occasionally. I'm looking forward to connecting with the group. 

Message 18 of 143
Beta Member

Hi Everyone!

I run a faith inspired apparel and accessories brand.  Like others, we started online and participated in a lot of events throughout the year.  In 2018, we began offering our products at a kiosk in our local mall and in 2021 we moved into an inline store.  We design and make most of our apparel. Our website address is ShopLAJapparel.com.  We also sell wholesale.  Faith Mineral Wash Sleeveless 2.jpg

Message 19 of 143

Hey folx!

My name is Hanna and I run a Metaphysical and witchcraft supplies shop, whose main goal is to make accessible products to the disabled and chronic illness communities. 

I just did my first vending event at a local Pride festival and had a blast! 

I'm located in Fayetteville NC and sell on my  Website & over on etsy as well. 

Thanks for having me here!

Message 20 of 143

Thanks very much for the invitation to join this group!

My name is Becky, I'm in Chicago, and I'm a jack-ess of many trades.  Among a myriad of things, I have a handmade shop called The Antisign Shop which is a rude dark humor take on wood signs where every day is Opposite Day.  It's modern home decor, smart wall art.

You can find my website here and you can find me on the Instagrams here

Message 21 of 143