x
Admin

Welcome to the Artists and Makers group! ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿงถ ๐Ÿงต

Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Artists & Makers group in Seller Community! Whether you're selling your work or selling items made by others, this is the group for you. You can use this space to ask questions and share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself or start a new thread about anything you want! 

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you and your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 143
142 REPLIES 142

Jackess, I like that. I think we may have a similar sense of humor. Up & Undies 

Message 22 of 143

Hi All,

My name is Bill and have changed my domain to ldwoodworker.co.uk

Emails should now be to LDwoodWorker@ldwoodworker.co.uk and not wmck666@hotmail.co.uk

I turn pens and other small items

Message 23 of 143
Beta Member

Thanks for the invite and hello fellow crafters and makers. I am Koren and I own DIY crafts studios (1) Creativity Cafe  and  The Artrageous Potter in Georgia.  I've been in business about seven years and recently acquired The Artrageous Potter during Covid.  I look forward to networking and exchanging communications with everyone.  Have an awesome day ( or night what ever time you are reading this post.  

Message 24 of 143

Hi Iโ€™m Sadya like Quesadilla (Iโ€™m very cheesy) and my partner in the crime of crafting is Lindsay. Iโ€™ve mainly Been pushing her out to get her jewelry and other crafts Into the world for about three years since she works for Social Security mainly and just gives her stuff away lol! She would see someone that look like they needed nice pick me up and she would give them a beautiful pair of earrings made a present and freshly picked dried flowers. So I finally got her to let me sell some in the plant store that I was working out of for about $20 apiece and she was amazed how they were flying off the shelf lol! So now weโ€™re trying to build a business for both her and I since I make them ours well as well as keychains and memory boxes and other such things out of Oakland and Pittsburg California. Iโ€™m just stuck on how to build an Etsy or something for us to be able to build an actual business or a base of sales now that I am no longer working at the plant shop and neither one of us are driving in order for us to be able to go to fairs or markets every week to sell them but we did go to one just walking around Fourth of July weekend and sold them to a lady in a booth  at wholesale for less than what I was selling them for because sheโ€™s  way too nice ๐Ÿ˜‚ So if anyone is going to give us some advice as we are new to all of this it would be greatly appreciate it and what awarded with some jewelry will even let you pick out your pieces or we can custom design you something!
Love 

Message 25 of 143

Hi everyone! Iโ€™m a mixed media artist focusing on inspiring others through my art, Iโ€™ve just opened a boutique last week!! Very excited for the future!! Look forward to being in this group! 

Message 26 of 143

Hello, I am an artist and do road trips to sell my copper gadgets.

Message 27 of 143

Wow, I love the look of copper and have been making copper jewelry, jewelry findings like ear wires and jump rings since 2009. I also make copper hair sticks and bun picks, and even made my own pickle tongs. May I ask, what kind of copper gadgets do you make? 

Message 28 of 143
Beta Member

Hi all~

My name is Tina and I make jewelry.  I have 2 Etsy shops. On the Edge Designs I opened in 2010. I started making wire jewelry after seeing a book in Michael's called "Paperclip Jewelry". I loved all the angular patterns of the wire and that's way I named my shop On the Edge... Since then I've expanded to anklets,  bracelets,  necklaces and more. We moved to Myrtle Beach 2 years ago and I am now selling in-person shows and I have my jewelry on consignment in 3 stores.  I sell a lot of seashore- theme anklets and earrings since we have many tourists visit. I opened my other Etsy shop EarringboutiqueCo in 2020. I decided to name a shop with "Earring" in the title thinking it may help my chances of getting found.  In both my shops my earrings are available clip-clip-on or pierced.  80% of orders placed are for clip-on so I guess I have a niche. I do have one copper necklace in my shop. I love the look of copper with turquoise. 

Message 29 of 143
Beta Member

Thanks for the invite Elisabeth, I do leather products and other fashion accessories.

Message 30 of 143

Howdy, thanks for inviting me to this group.  I honestly didn't know there were groups here.  As my username suggests, my name is Amy and I'm the crazy person that runs Amy's Treasures Design.  Cousin It is my office companion, he keeps me saner than I feel. 

In all seriousness though, I used to sell handmade jewelry on etsy, started there in 2007.  I closed my shop around 7 years later and right before the pandemic, I set up my website.  I sell a mix of things with a mix of my own designs and public domain stuff.  My own designs vary from plain text to text and graphics.  Although the number of items that have graphics on them is far less.  Those take more time (duh) and my drawing skills (even in inkscape) aren't what they used to be.  I work in manufacturing by day and sell, or more realistically, list my items by night and on weekends.  I'm insanely busy these days with work and home life stuff so my website stuff is sort of put on hold.  I list items sporadically when I have a spare moment or two.  

I currently live in IL but might be moving to WI in the near future.  I live with my 85 year old mom, and am her primary care taker.  She's not bed ridden or anything that sever, but needs help with things.  We/she accepted an offer on the house, this week and we're trying to find something else quickly.  It's a terrible time to buy and sell but no one listens to me.  Why listen to the Purchasing person in the family?  /sarcasm

Aside from all of this, I'm a fan of anime, sci-fi, the NCIS shows and a lot of other shows and movies.  I attend C2E2 (for the comic con folks here, C2E2 is what Wizard World/Comic Con was back in the early 2000s) when I get the time to go.  I'll pop in from time to time when I have time and energy to do so. 

For now, I leave you with a picture of Cousin It waiting for trick or treating to start, last year.  Yes, I made him, I used to keep him at work at my last job. 

ETA:  www.amystreasuresdesign.com 

cousin it halloween.png

Amy's Treasures Design the place to find customized beaded pens, puzzles, notebooks, and more.
amystreasuresdesign.com

Chuck: "Guys.... I know kung-fu." "Chuck Versus the Ring"
Message 31 of 143

Heโ€™s so cute!!! Thanks for sharing him with us

Message 32 of 143

Love It! Where can I get mine...lol

Message 33 of 143

Hey all, I'm Jonathan David and I own and run Arcady Goodsโ€”we make sustainable books and paper goods. All of our originals are made in the states with responsible materials. Best of all, we plant a tree for every order we receive. You can check us out online at arcadygoods.shop or instagram. Cheers! 

Message 34 of 143
Beta Member

that is such a cool idea, the earth can always use more trees ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 35 of 143
Beta Member

Hello everyone.  My name is Linda Oheron; live in the heart of the country (St. Louis, MO) and I own "Sweetheart's Dream." I'm a fluid artist and dabble with different media - like wood, canvas, glass, ceramics, etc. along with some vinyl and sublimation items like skinny tumblers, tote bags & other home decor items. The photo is one of my booths during a Christmas craft fair that I attended.  There's also some "acrylic skin" jewelry too.  I started this business during the pandemic - but am still having issues with getting my website off the ground - it just sits there (www.sweetheartsdream.com) so I'm doing lots of work and research to make it better and grow the business with a larger on-line presence. Excited for this group!  IMG_2272.jpg

Message 36 of 143
Beta Member

Linda,  I'm in the same boat with trying to get my website up and running. I get people to visit but not buy. 

Message 37 of 143

Hi all,

I am Victoria and am the maker at โ€œWeird Wired Jewelleryโ€. I live in Western Australia, make recycled copper and silver wire jewellery and have been selling at artisan markets for the past 7-8 years.

I have been contemplating selling online but currently only utilise the online landscape to let people know when and where they will be able to see me in person. 

Victoria
Message 38 of 143

Hi! Thanks for the invite! Curious about how you found me and other artists. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 39 of 143
Admin

Hi @TracyGross, and welcome to the group! 
I sent an invitation to Seller Community members who have a business categorized as retail, hoping to reach artists, crafters, makers, and sellers of handmade goods. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 40 of 143

Hello @ElisabethB and all the other Makers!   My name is Gloria and I am the owner of SharGloMa Soapworks.  Iโ€™ve been a soapmaker since 1992 and recently moved from Victoria BC to Quesnel BC in the beautiful Cariboo!  I have a small business that keeps me out of trouble.  I mostly sell at farmers markets and have a few wholesale clients.  I am actually working now to contain the size of my business! 

Shipping is a constant pain as my products are very expensive to ship in Canada - looking for better solutions and would love to hear how other soapmakers deal with it.  

Looking forward to getting to know other Makers and Crafters!

Message 41 of 143

Hi everyone

My name is Sarah and I have an online business called Bohemian Ways. My core offerings are wraparound skirts that I import from India. Theyโ€™re handmade in recycled sari fabrics or organic cotton, are size inclusive, one of a kind, and absolutely beautiful.

In addition to my gorgeous skirts I handmake macrame necklaces using crystals. Mine are a little different to many as I use linen thread (not polyester) and I incorporate the energy of multiple stones, not just one crystal.

Iโ€™m a creative and am excited to be invited to be part of this group ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Message 42 of 143