x
Admin

Welcome to the Artists and Makers group! ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿงถ ๐Ÿงต

Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Artists & Makers group in Seller Community! Whether you're selling your work or selling items made by others, this is the group for you. You can use this space to ask questions and share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself or start a new thread about anything you want! 

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you and your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 143
142 REPLIES 142

Hi everyone! Glad to be here. Thanks for the invite. My name is Diana. My main craft is that I paint and decorate Styrofoam wig heads that are carved out on top to allow for a 4 inch pot for a plant or not or to hold misc. like make up brushes, candy craft tools, etc. I've got many other crafting interest and I'm trying to learn how to make social media work to help grow my business. Next step is either Esty or Square store account or both. Ultimate goal is to retire and craft full time in the next 2 years. 

Message 43 of 143
Beta Member

Hi @ElisabethB ! Thank you for the invite!

I'm Ana, the owner and maker behind Jewel of Havana Handcrafted Jewelry. We just turned sweet 16 in March. We travel throughout the south east for juried art festivals to sell my work and meet new clients to convert to online sales at www.JewelofHavana.com . It's been a wonderful ride so far and looking forward to many more years as a creative business. Looking forward to getting to know all of you here. xo Ana

Message 44 of 143

Hi

Love the tailored approach for small business - especially for handmade items - thank you!

I'm based in Newcastle NSW Australia & have a business called Allettare Dezigns. 

It's predominantly art in different forms such as functional art, homewares, wall art, jewellery & more!

I also teach a variety of workshops which include several resin art workshops, acrylic paint pouring, alcohol ink art & jewellery making.

Markets are my main outlet for selling items - primarily because every item I make is unique + I don't have time to take copious amounts of pics for each item to list it on my website (I also work full time as well as having my business)

Custom orders make up a lot of my business as well. These can be for wedding presents, thank you gifts, corporate gifts & any reason you can think of - especially when you need to add some personalisation for the special touch.

Happy to be here & look forward to making some great connections!

Message 45 of 143

Hello @ElisabethB Thank you for the invite to this group ๐Ÿ˜. My name is Iona and i run my small business from Ayrshire, Scotland. Threads by Iona creates bespoke keepsakes such as bears, cats, cushions blankets and also Tartan teddy bears. Each bear I make is one of a kind using an original pattern hand-drawn by Iona. The perfect gift for any occasion!

I also offer a local alterations service, and take on bespoke dressmaking orders. I am passionate (and also a bit of a geek lol) about all things sewing and being creative in general. I have a great interest in running my business as sustainably and eco-friendly much as I can; reusing and recycling, limiting waste where possible and making use of the resources we already have.

I just launched my business this year and have been really enjoying the whole process and have been loving hearing so many customers stories. I have set up my website here on square, etsy page, and I am also on facebook Threads by Iona and on Instagram threadsbyiona 

So excited to hear what everyone else does and where everyone is from, speak soon everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iona x

Untitled design(51).pngUntitled design(52).png

Iona Morgan
Message 46 of 143
Super Seller

So cute...

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 47 of 143
Admin

Welcome, @Threadsbyiona! These are adorable! I love the teddy bear made from the striped shirt - so adorable! ๐Ÿป

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 48 of 143
Beta Member

Hello Liz.

I am an artist specializing in African landscape oil paintings. I want to know if you know an oil painting reproduction company who will reproduce a master before selling the copies in your marketplace?

Elvis Tarkar. 

Elvis Tarkar
Message 49 of 143

Hey everyone! This group is great. Iโ€™m Stefanie and I own Three + Me Creations. I sew up a variety of baby, and child goods. Some of these include Hats, Bandana Bibs, Lovey Blankets, Hair Scrunchies and so much more!  Currently I only sell on my Square site, and in a few local shops around my home in Dublin, OH. 

I also sell my items wholesale, and would love to connect with online and brick and mortar shops! My website is www.threeandmecreations.com and my IG account is @threeandmecreations

Message 50 of 143
Beta Member

Thank you for the invitation, Elisabeth! My name is Ames and I co-own The Framemakers with my husband Brian. We are a custom picture frame shop and art gallery, and provide representation and online services to our local artists and artisans in the Central Maine area. I love to learn more about what we can do to provide a larger reach for our patrons. 

they/them or xe/xem
Message 51 of 143

Custom Handcrafted Furniture

Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm General Manager of E. Braun Farm Tables and Furniture, Inc. We are in the heart of Pennsylvania Amish country and we handcraft custom furniture using reclaimed barnwood, select hardwoods and live edge slabs. The owner, Easton Braun, started the company 22 years ago - way ahead of the current barnwood furniture/farmhouse decor design trend! We sell everything from small home goods to large pieces of furniture on our Square site. Please feel free to check out our main web site at www.braunfarmtables.comCustom Reclaimed Barnwood FurnitureCustom Reclaimed Barnwood FurnitureScreen Shot 2022-07-08 at 11.39.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-08 at 11.38.36 AM.pngfr-nc-s tabletop and chairs.jpg

Message 52 of 143
Super Seller

Oh my gosh.....Soooo beautiful

Jacqueline
Message 53 of 143

Hi, to fellow Artists and "Makers" (which is rather redundant, since artists ARE makers), and hello again to all in the previous/related Square group members. My business name is "Simplexities", and I "make stuff"-- concentrating on beadwork and crochet. Mostly.... Right now, I'm getting ready for the Comic Con 2022 Art Show, so any on-line work is pretty minimal until that is over. My website re-vamp is partly done (had a Weebly one which went "poof!" when Square took over), and I'm working on converting my former "Square Market" into a website. My domain name points to the square (dot) site of the former Market shop-- www.simplexities.com

Pictures are of previous Comic Con Art Show displays:

Art Show table displayArt Show table displayArt Show panel displayArt Show panel display

Message 54 of 143

Thank you :)!

Message 55 of 143

Hello! My name is Gina. I live in Nyack, NY. I've been blessed to make creations with real nature such as 17 year cicada wings, sage leaves, poppy flowers, and more. Sorry this is short, my brain is a bit pooped since it's the end of the week! ๐Ÿ™‚

Would love to connect facebook or instagram: @myriadmirage

Keep on sharing your gifts

Have a blessed weekend 

Gina

www.myriadmirage.com

7.8.22.png

โ€ƒ

Rose Petal and Cicada Wing Necklaces.jpg

โ€ƒ

Green Purple Hydrangea Sunstone Necklace.jpg

โ€ƒ

Sunflower Petal Pearl Necklace.jpg

Sunstone Green Cicada Wing Necklaces.jpg

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

Message 56 of 143
Super Seller

Beautiful pieces.

Jacqueline
Message 57 of 143

Hi ElisabethB,

Thank you for inviting me to this group. I am an artisan, maker, craftsperson working in textiles (mostly). I also am an educator who teaches workshops in my studio, as well as courses at my local university and community college.

I make clothing from natural fiber dead stock and vintage textiles. I also make wearable art from the remnant textiles after cutting for more conventional clothing. In other words, all of my activities are oriented toward sustainable art and craft. I aim to use every part of my materials, limiting waste to as close to zero as possible, from sourcing through finished products that last a very long time.

I teach this practice in my workshops and classes as well.

Currently I am embarking on taking my craft to another level of artisan output. It's still in a development phase, so I won't divulge just yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 58 of 143

patiently waiting for the linkkkkk! sustainable fashion rly does it for me ๐Ÿคง

Message 59 of 143

Doing business as Whimsy Point, I design, make, and sell various handmade gift items. My main products include magnets, coasters, paper-bead bracelets, hair accessories, bookmarks, and a few home decor and seasonal items. Basically, whatever I enjoy creating. My handmade gift items are sold primarily at local (Kentucky, USA) vendor events, although I sell some easy-to-ship products online. 

Although I make and sell a few crafts from patterns (when selling the final product is explicitly stated as allowed), most of my products are created using my processes and incorporate my original artwork or designs. 

Whimsy Point - Handmade giftsWhimsy Point - Handmade gifts

https://www.whimsypoint.com
https://www.facebook.com/whimsypoint 
https://www.instagram.com/whimsypoint

Message 60 of 143

Hi everyone! My name is Cavelle. Iโ€™ll try not to make it a sob story but, I make homemade scented candles after suffering from a stroke in 2019, loss of my grandfather and mother in 2020 + 2021. Itโ€™s been a long journey to inhรซyl for sure. Thank you for letting me be part of this community. I look forward to learning all that Square has to offer. Guess what?!? Iโ€™m doing my first art showcase as a Crafter!!! (sculptures and candles) this month in Toronto ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m scared out of my mind, but excited at the same time ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ . If you want tickets, shoot me an email. Deadline is July 14 at midnight and theyโ€™ll live stream if you canโ€™t make it. Cheers to all the makers!! I wish you much success ๐ŸคŽ

Message 61 of 143

Good luck Cavelle, you will do great!

ABLH
Message 62 of 143

Thank you so much ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ

Message 63 of 143