x

Can I see a cancellation report for a specific day?

If a client cancels on my day, is there somewhere I can request a report to see who is no longer on my schedule? 

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @LynnH,

Thanks for surfacing this! The ability to run a consolidated report for a day's worth of cancellations isn't available at this time, but you can review which appointments are still on in the online Square Dashboard > Calendar tab.

In addition, I'd like to share some additional insight with our Appointments Team—any chance that you have more information on why it's important to see who is no longer on your schedule? Appreciate your patience as we work to improve.

Tom [he/him]
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @LynnH,

Thanks for surfacing this! The ability to run a consolidated report for a day's worth of cancellations isn't available at this time, but you can review which appointments are still on in the online Square Dashboard > Calendar tab.

In addition, I'd like to share some additional insight with our Appointments Team—any chance that you have more information on why it's important to see who is no longer on your schedule? Appreciate your patience as we work to improve.

Tom [he/him]
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13

Is there a way to run a report on services canceled? Either by the client or by me?

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Nailphomaniac 👋 Thanks for reaching out here on the Community! Welcome, welcome.

I've merged your post with a Similar Thread of Sellers who were also asking for a Cancellation Report. You may find Tom's Best Answer helpful to answer your question.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

It would be great if we could somehow access a cancellation list of clients looking for an earlier appointment.  Maybe a checkbox stating "If anything opens up earlier please contact me"  Even better - a way to offer them up the time-space of a canceled appointment if that time slot fits their appointments needs.

Message 5 of 13

Hi @alirivera thanks so much for posting this thread. This is a popular feature request that we are still tracking, so I have merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all the requests in one place. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Tom & @Joe 

The reason this report is important is that I would need to see if the appointment was canceled accidentally by myself or my team or if the client canceled and rescheduled for a late date. I've noticed that it is very easy to cancel an appointment myself accidentally and I imagine is the same for my team. I'd like to eventually contact those clients and schedule their appointments when my schedule opens up or send them a special discount to retain that customer's business. Also, it would also be great to have a "WAITLIST" feature and something that can ask or indicate a client if they are a new or recurring customer.

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for the response here, @Nailphomaniac - this is extremely helpful feedback. I appreciate you giving context. Passing this along to our Product Teams now!

Thank you! 

Joe
Message 8 of 13

It’s important to see who may have cancelled so I can follow up with the client and make sure they have rescheduled. I also would like to keep track of how often a client cancels on my schedule. This way o can evaluate whether or not I need to start implementing a deposit for appts with certain clients or maybe if it’s a client I need to fire from business for repeatedly leaving blocks of time open on my day.

Message 9 of 13

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and give us specific examples of how this kind of report would be beneficial for your business, @LynnH. Explanations like this are exactly what our product team is looking for when a feature is being requested.

We'll be sure to update this post if we have anything new to share!

Valentina
Message 10 of 13

@Joe & @Tom 

I'm following this thread because I have also had the desire to run a cancellation report. It is very common in salon software to track cancellations as well as be able to see who was/ is on the current schedule. When I see a gap in my schedule where I was expecting to be busy, I'd like to know what happened. As @LynnH and @Nailphomaniac have described, being able to reach out to clients who have cancelled is important, as is knowing how often a person is cancelling. Thanks!

Message 11 of 13

@goldenhourhair Hi again!!! I'm stepping in for @Joe while he is away, but wanted to thank you again for your vote to all of these feature requests. They really do go a long way toward helping our Development Team understand what is important to our sellers and why. Adding how a feature will help your business is super useful!

Thanks again, and I will continue sharing your feedback with our teams. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 12 of 13

Has a cancellation report been implemented yet?  I see it was being "worked on" over a year ago, but don't see where it's available yet.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 13