x

Is there a feature for Square that allows a business to offer a wait list?

Is there a feature for Square that allows a business (e.g a salon) to offer a wait list?

Message 1 of 39
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a feature for Square that allows a salon to offer a wait list?

Hey! While this functionality isn't currently something we offer, I can see how this could be really useful for a number of different types of businesses. While I can't personally recommend an alternative, I know that there are a ton of different 3rd party options out there (I did a quick google search). I know that my barber (who also uses Square) has one available on their webpage too.  

Please feel free to share with the community if you run across any that work well. It would be great to have more details/resources online.  

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey! While this functionality isn't currently something we offer, I can see how this could be really useful for a number of different types of businesses. While I can't personally recommend an alternative, I know that there are a ton of different 3rd party options out there (I did a quick google search). I know that my barber (who also uses Square) has one available on their webpage too.  

Please feel free to share with the community if you run across any that work well. It would be great to have more details/resources online.  

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

In the salon industry we have so many clients that want a specific date and if we are booked we lose a potential customer.  It will be great if we can have some sort of waiting list that will send a customer a message or email when that day opens up.   Or if we have them book a day and then have them input a day that works best so they can get a message if that day opens up. 

Message 22 of 39
Beta Member

I would totally want this feature added for the retail side of things, especially for the Square Online Store. I sell products that are in limited quantities but are restocked only when I can bring more in. Customers are always asking when the product is available next and it would be great to have a function that would allow them to add items from the Online Shop to a waitlist and get text or email notifications when the item is restocked. That feature alone would probably reduce the amount of messaging I have to do and increase my sales substantially. 

Message 23 of 39
Beta Member

I’d love this, and I’m so glad to see it suggested as I came here to do just that! A waitlist where clients can specify a date or just a time of day with no specific date or just have their name “in line” for if others cancel. So helpful if it’s an option!

Message 24 of 39

Adding my voice to the list of those who would love to see a wait list option for Appointments!

Approximately 30% of my customer service calls and emails are related to people wanting to book a time that is already taken. My business is just tracking wait list requests on a notepad for the time being, but having in-built functionality would be a lot more reliable, quicker and smoother for the customer, and time-saving for staff.

Message 25 of 39

I'm an acupuncturist who allocates 1-2 hours per appointment. I usually have 2-3 people on my waitlist each week and am turning away new patients.  Cancellations made within 2 days of an appointment cause a significant loss of time and income.  However, it's extremely disjointed to text/call/email to try to fill these slots.  I'd love people to sign up for a waitlist so they can be notified when an opening occurs. 

With COVID-19, late cancellations are even a bigger problem if someone is potentially exposed, has suspect symptoms or tests positive.  I believe that an automated waitlist feature would fill in about 1/2 of my open appointments. 

Message 26 of 39

Hello, I have a waxing salon that, gratefully, is getting very busy! I’ve been needing a waitlist feature too. It would save me admin time and make clients happy too if they could squeeze into my schedule when another client cancels.
A waitlist feature would be so helpful.  Thanks so much, Rosie’s Beauty Lounge 

Message 27 of 39

Yes! A wait list PLEASE! We are an electrolysis business and we are booked out months in advance. Whenever we have a cancellation we would like to text message some/all of the people (we choose which) on the wait list to ask if they would like the open date and time and appointment duration. Note that not everyone on the wait list would be an existing client. They could be somebody we've never seen before. We would give the appointment time to the first person to text us back with a "Yes" response. Additionally, when we add people to the wait list we need to be able to specify the duration of the appointment the person needs (ideally, we could specify more than one, as many clients would accept, for example, a 30 minute or a 1 hour appointment). This is so that when we have a cancellation of, for example, a 30 minute appointment, we know to only text the people on the wait list that would accept a 30 minute appointment (there is no sense in texting people that need an hour when we only have 30 minutes available).

Message 28 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding to this thread, and Welcome to the Community! @BryanB

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 39

Do Square appointments have a feature that allows customers to join a waitlist? Demand is increasing, and I could really use this feature.

Message 30 of 39

Hi @TBSoccer and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread for this feature request.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 31 of 39

Is Square going to release a WAITLIST Feature for appointments? 

There are other Threads from 2016 requesting this type of feature.

There are other schedule systems that have this feature, such as GetTimely.com?

Why is this not a thing after 5 years of others suggesting it in Beta. Especially when businesses from Spa's, retail, and restaurants have to manage client volume with State pandemic restrictions???

Message 32 of 39

Please add this functionality specifically to appointments. 

Message 33 of 39

YES!!! We need this feature. So many other applications have this available already. This has been requested since 2016...pretty please!!!

Message 34 of 39
Beta Member

I own a barbershop and the ability for clients to be able to add themselves to a waitlist if there are no available appointments is CRUCIAL for both the business and clients. I love Square, but there are other POS systems available that have this feature and I am considering making a switch if it is not added soon. Especially because we pay A LOT of $ to square every month, and I think it’s vital to add these features that are pretty standard with most systems at this point 

Independence Barber Co.
Austin, Texas
Independencebarber.com
Message 35 of 39

Did the waitlist feature get added? I could really use it. STAT!

Message 36 of 39

Soo does this feature exist yet?

Message 37 of 39

This isn't a feature that is currently available, @RoseBeauty18.

We'll be sure to drop an update into this thread if we have news to share in the future, so stay subscribed to be notified!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 38 of 39

Just chiming in to say I would also love this feature

Message 39 of 39