x

Is there a way to edit which employee sale is under after transaction is complete?

If a stylist forgets to use their own pin number and rings it out the service under previous stylist number, is there a way to edit it after the sale is complete? 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don’t believe you can go back and edit - but you can set the register to lock and require an employee code after every transaction this way each employee has no choice but to enter their code in order to even access the register. 

Hope this helps!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don’t believe you can go back and edit - but you can set the register to lock and require an employee code after every transaction this way each employee has no choice but to enter their code in order to even access the register. 

Hope this helps!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7

yes perfect where in the back office do i go so that i can set it to where after each employee makes a sale the screen locks them out so that the next employee has to put in their code to make a sale.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@tiagunter1

That setting would be on each POS device.

Settings --> Employee Management --> Require Employee Password - Always --> Lock After Each Sale

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 7

I am closing my end of day and a few times where a team member accidentally forgets to log off and someone enters their sale. Is there a way we can change the team member which a ticket belongs too after a sale is rung through? 

It has been happening more often than not and I would love to get this fixed. Thank you 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @HDB-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

At this time, there is not a way to edit a transaction, or the team member assigned to it after it has been completed. Please refer to @Pesso's best answer in this thread.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 💡

Olive, she/her

Seller Community Manager, Square

Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 7

Hi - is this a feature request pending? This would be very helpful - we just recently started using the lockout passcode feature but need to go back a few months and fix some transactions to run accurate annual reports. 

Message 7 of 7