x

Appointment book page: How can I have open times to say "By Appointment only."

Appointment book page: How can I have open times to say "By Appointment only."

I need to Change the times (6:30pm-9pm)  to say "By Appointment only" Instead of a Time Slot. Is this possible?   

Figure 1.Figure 1.

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Appointment book page, How can I have open times to say "By Appointment only."

Hey @daveniedbala, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up. 

I just checked on this, and the ability to replace the time slot with other text in the business hours section of your booking site isn't available at this time.

Out of curiosity, can you provide more information regarding why this would be helpful? I'd like to share these details with our Appointments team who is always making improvements based on seller feedback.

16 Comments
Admin

Hey @daveniedbala, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up. 

I just checked on this, and the ability to replace the time slot with other text in the business hours section of your booking site isn't available at this time.

Out of curiosity, can you provide more information regarding why this would be helpful? I'd like to share these details with our Appointments team who is always making improvements based on seller feedback.

Beta Member

I would also like to have this function.

Our Barber Shop offers walk-ins and appointments at designated times.

Example: Saturday open 8:30am-2pm for appointment only & Sunday 10am-1pm for appointment only. We also offer early morning appointments pre walk-in hours. The existing template is not flexable enough to accomidate flexiable business. 

I am thinking about switching and this would be a nice feature. Some stylist, the ones that would most likely be using their own square system to check client's out, rent their spots and are independent businesses inside larger salons. We make our own schedules, and don't get paid hourly or have to stay per salon rules, so we come and go as we please. So we don't sit around from 10-5 everyday. If we are done at 3, we leave instead of sitting there waiting for someone to walk in. Most stylist like this have an established clientele and the client's know you can't just pop in, but if it's someone new looking up your hours they might stop by and you've finished early and your not there and they get upset. It's also because we communicate with our clients about what they are getting done, how long it will take, what products we need to have, and everything since we have to provide it ourselves, and when someone walks in unexpectedly and wants purple hair we might have time, but not the supplies. So again by appointment only is just saying that we need to talk with you and know our clients first before getting into something. 

I hope that give a little more insight on why that would be a good feature to have. 

why it would be helpful?  some are open "by appointment only" and are not a retail store.  like me...a healing center where we concentrate solely on the person that is present....we don't want people walking in at that time.  we are either forced to show "closed" across each day on the booking site or make up some form a office hours which are not correct.  how gol darn tough is it to add a tick box and have the simple words, "Office Hours By Appointment"????  I find the resistence to help from the square programmers very strong.  this should be something automatic....

I run a musical instrument repair shop out of a studio downtown and at home. I have to do a good chunk of the work at home so my hours are currently appointment only.  I can not find a way for the square appointments/website to display hours by appointment only.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  Hours set to appointment only

Hello @enharmonics! There isn't currently away to display 'by appointment only' on your Appointments booking site, I'm sorry. 

However, you can choose to review all appointments before accepting them, and you could add to each service description hat you will be in touch with the client to confirm their appointment time too. To update your settings:

1. Sign in to your online Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Settings > click Calendar & Booking.
  3. Click Business must accept or decline all appointment requests. 

I will also send your request for a 'by request only' option, I can see how some businesses would benefit from this! 

I would love this feature too! If a client needs a later appt, and can see the message to contact me for a later time, it would help get more clients in. Otherwise, a client just assumes there is no other times available.

there are many things that I absolutely love about square appointments but the inability to add simple functions baffles me....I mean come on...it's like they don't even try!

I need “By Appointment only” because ...I’m “BY APPOINTMENT ONLY” that simple. 

I cant use hours and pointless to have if I’m not there. Clients are getting upset when they show up thinking I’m open but I have no other choice to put down hours

Beta Member

I agree- for the cost that square charges for the appointments, you would think it could be much more customizable.