x

Appointments: Only allow members to book?

Beta Member

Appointments: Only allow members to book?

I'm very curious and can't find software to do this. I'm a barber that is currently too busy. I know, I know...a great problem to have. The problem is by allowing anyone to book, my long time clients are being under valued. Is there a way to require new clients to be authorized before using the online booking? Perhaps a membership, etc? If not, what can I use?

7 Comments
Alumni

Hi @RainKing - thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community.

I have seen a few other sellers ask for ways to limit or control who can book an appointment online. There isn't a way to do this currently, but I have let our Product Team know about this request and will be sure to update them with your feedback. 

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Is there a way to create members only events?" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way to create an item or event, available only to the members of my group and not to the general public? I offer both, but I want to be able to offer discounted prices for those who register with my website. Is this possible?

Beta Member

I am interested in this as a work around to the problem with not having a way to schedule & charge deposit, take full payment for training packages for our clients. If we had some services or appointments hidden to anyone but "package members" we could then allow them to schedule each appointment in their package when they need to.  Not all of them are occurring at the same time everyday or week.  Manually jumping back and forth from Google Calendar Invitations and Square Appointment Confirmations is taxing for us and the uncoordinated email receipts & reminders look unprofessional, feel annoying to clients.  Please solve!

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @GPTraining01 - thanks for adding your voice here!

From a birds-eye view, without knowing the specific details of your business needs, this work-around seems to be an available solution! We definitely hear you on your need for this feature request, though.

Our Product Teams are keeping an eye on this thread. We will update everyone here when news comes down the pipeline! Thanks for your patience!

Is there any way to only let customers in your database book online appointments?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Elizabeth_NJ,

I'm moving your post to an existing feature request thread for this.

This isn't something Appointments offers at this time.

Beta Member

That’s a great question! Following this post.