x

Client "Check In" feature on square appointments

Client "Check In" feature on square appointments

It would be super convenient to add a "check-in" feature to let the service providers know their client has arrived without physically telling them. It would change the color of the client on the schedule to let the service provider know they have arrived. It also might help business owners to audit the time allowances for their employees.

Another cool feature spinning off of the "check in" feature could be to make a "client view of the schedule". Limiting what the person viewing the schedule can see or change. For example, if you wanted to operate without a receptionist, you could have an ipad or touch screen computer to allow the client to check themself in when they arrive for their appointment, but still have privacy to other clients names and what services they're receiving. Maybe allow the client to search their appointment and check in when they arrive.

Many beauty service proivders are operating without reception/admin staff these days. I would imagine for a fee to add the feature, many would be interested to facilatate the streamlining of that process. These are suggestions to help convert prospective beauty professionals to transition to the square appointment booking system. 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Appointment check in feature request

*Feature Request*
I hope I’m posting in the right place! 
I own a barbershop and use Square appointments, as well as Square for POS and payroll. I like Square because it integrates easily with other applications and has an easy to use interface. However, for my industry, Square is lacking feature wise. One feature that we would love to see, a client check in. For example, a client arrives for a scheduled appointment and they can either self check in (notifying staff they have arrived), or they can check in at our front desk and our admin clicks a button that shows client is checked in and notifies the Barber (via text or email) that the client has arrived. Additionally, it would be great if this could also work in reverse, allowing the Barber or front desk to notify the client they are ready with the click of a button. Often times we are very busy and lose track- clients walk in and the barbers have no idea they have arrived, or we have to go searching for either the barber or the client. This feature would be great for other industries as well 😉

45 Comments

Has there beenany updates on this?? I agree with all of the discussed features - check-in, no-show viewing, cancellation viewing. All are so incredibly helpful. Have any of these features gone live?

Admin

@gresserin

No specific update on Check-In or No-Show viewing, but we are actively tracking this request, and thank you again for surfacing this.

A check-in feature would be amazing!  This would allow front desk staff and our manager to stay updated on client situations and know when a call needs to be made for No-Show clients.  This would also allow for us to check what clients were present in the building during certain days/times if an incident occurs since we currently don't have security cameras. 

Admin

@Hope1358

Definitely one of our most popular Feature Requests, and we're happy to continue to iterate this to our Product Team.

The Salon I go to here in my home town uses an App called The Receptionist, in tandem with their Square Account.  I don't know much about it past that, but perhaps that is an option until Appointments updates the Product with this feature?

Yes, please encourage the Appointment team to add a client check-in feature. I am a small business consultant that works with many salons and setup square systems for them... This feature would be of great benefit. Also, I would like to add service categories and quick pick features for services just as the product items have the ability to do.  I do hope they will take this into serious consideration. Thank you.

A check-in feature would be great...a must-have for our business.

I’ve been asking for over a year, I don’t think the development team has any intention of adding this incredibly common and necessary feature. 

I am evaluating other softwares because of this issue as well as the very lackluster customer service that square provides (appts, payroll, and payments). 

Hi everyone, has this feature been developed? I am considering square for my salon but this would be great to have

Square Community Moderator

Hi @NitPixies thanks for asking! This is still a feature request at this time, so customers cannot check in for appointments through the app. Please let me know if you have any other questions!! 

I did a search because I was looking for this feature...eventbrite has this...come on square team and implement this.