x

Appointments: My clients are replying to automated email reminders or confirmations

I use sqaure appointments for a hair salon. Lately, clients have been replying to the automated "do not reply" emails (confirmations and reminders) that Square sends out and the replies are going to my personal email that is on file on my square account. They are replying and requesting changes to their appointments or canceling. I have searched all the topics on this and my square dashboard for how this can be happeneing and haven't found a solution. How they are replying to an automated donotreply@squareappointments.com is beyond me!!? They ARE NOT using the links or buttons provided within email to cancel or reschedule online. Does anyone know how to disable this? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Thanks for your post @Kikle15. If your clients reply to their confirmation email or a reminder for an Appointment, you will receive the message. This is to make sure you don't miss any important changes from clients who perhaps don't notice it's a 'donotreply' email address. I'll share your request for a way to block emails that are sent to donotreply@squareappointments.com with the Appointments team.

In the meantime, you can encourage clients to sign in to their Appointment customer accounts online to make any changes. This is a relatively new feature so you might need to remind your clients that this option is available to them, and it's faster than replying to the email. 

This Product Update thread New Customer Accounts for Appointments has more information. Your clients sign in with a phone number and can see Past and Upcoming Appointments, and make any changes as needed.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

Is there a way to change what email this goes to? So we have 2 barbers at our shop and I'm getting replies to my email for his appointments...I'd like to create a generic email we can share that all appointment reminders are sent from..

Message 3 of 10
Admin

@chapthebarber Currently if a client replies to a 'donotreply' email the message is automatically to the account owner's email address, there isn't a way to route it to a member of staff. 

But alll other notifications for your member of staff should be directed to the email address associated with their Appointments Staff profile. Furthermore, as the owner, you can choose not to receive these notifications as well:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard > and go to the Staff section.
  2. Click on the name of your staff member.
  3. Scroll down to Notifications > toggle 'Notify Owner of Appointment Activity' off.

Screenshot 2018-09-25 at 14.44.45.png

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10

Is there a way to change the verbage on the email that goes out when the client books the appointment? Currently it shows them the When, Where, What and With.

Eveything is great except the Where. My clients emails state under the Where that "We'll call you at xxx-xxx-xxxx? But this is not correct. They need to call me. Is there a place that I can edit this?

Thanks

HeidWhat it isWhat it isWhat I would likeWhat I would like

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Hey @Chsal - You can change your outgoing Appointments messaging within the Communications tab of your Dashboard. For detailed steps on how to do this, check out Manage Appointment Communications

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 10

Some customers reply to the reminder email that is sent 1 day prior to their appointment and I don't receive them - where do they go and how can I set up my app so I get the replies?

Message 7 of 10

Similar to the question at the beginning of the thread- but with an additional problem.  My customers are replying to appointment reminders and the reminders are going to an email that is not the email associated with my Square account (not the email listed in Account Settings)

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @laura_ 

I suggest you confirm under your Square Appointments Staff settings that the email there is different from the one in your account.  If everything looks good there, I suggest you reach out to our Appointments Team. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

Got it- Thank you!

Message 10 of 10