x

Block Clients

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

6 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

This forum doesn't seem to work getting this feature to the proper channels. It for the customer to feel like they are getting some where but they are not. Maybe start to go to twitter and call them out because at this point Square has shown that they are NOT for solo practitioners and their safety! It has been YEARS of this now. YEARS!!! 35 pages of this request up to this point.  Look into GlossGenius for booking if you are a esthetician or massage therapist.  

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

Agreed! This has been one of the features missing. I used to use an online booking system that allowed you to toggle or “turn off” booking ability for that client specifically. I typically don’t have an issue with clients booking online but when they are not a fit with my business anymore and can’t respect my time, it’s necessary. This is a feature that is needed, regardless of no show protection being in place. 

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi all 👋 Apologies for the delayed response here but I have returned with some insight from the Square Appointments Product Team! I'll share what they've told me below:

"We don’t have a specific feature for this yet but it’s on our roadmap this year. H
owever, many of our Appointments Sellers are already enrolled in Risk Manager, and can use the Risk Manager’s “Block payment cards” feature to block buyers from booking if the Seller has prepayment or no-show turned on. Unfortunately, there isn’t a good way to block clients from booking if the Seller doesn’t use prepayment or no-show, but this is on our radar for this year."

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Verified Answer

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

356 Comments

I would appreciate a blocking feature due to some clients are just inappropriate. I dont want them to be able to book online, but the rest of my clients i have no problem with them booking online (hence why i dont disable online booking period). its more of a safety thing for some of us who dont want to deal with inappropriate, problematic and borderline harrassing clients

I have past clients who I've serviced who have followed me from a competitor

software product.

I previously blocked them for no-show and non-payment and now they have tried to re-book. I don't want to continue declining the appointment because they don't read the enclosed notes and after they're declined, they re-book. I don't want to service them nor have them become another no-show and I cannot re-coup a late payment.

How can I make this happen? Is it possible here on this platform?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @TheTrichologist and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over this feature request.

We don't offer a way to block clients from booking appointments at this time. 

Beta Member

why is it still impossible to block someone (email address, first/last name, telephone) from making an appointment?  

accepting ALL appointments or none doesn't really work out well in the real world of appointments being made at all hours of the day or night...and only adds to a list of things to do.  so, it may work...but at a cost.  

blocking an email address should be simple?  if THIS, THEN that?  please...this would be so convenient.

Beta Member

same issue, and it seems like such an easy addition to what is already a great sytem.  

i began a open thread asking the same question.  hoping someone sees it.  the all or none accept doesn't make sense with people booking appointments day and night.  it also adds to a to-do list and consumes time.  so, it's not ideal.  

im not sure where the "threads" are...but maybe if more people see it, they'll try to put something together.  

I can’t see it EVER happening if it isn’t an option already.  SQUARE is in the business of transactional fees, blocking any possible transaction is against their business.  The free appointment system is to enable more transactions, not prevent.  Remember, they’re first and foremost a merchant service bank, not a booking company.  When enough people stop using their appointment system, then perhaps they will care. 

As a salon owner I feel this option should absolutely be an added feature.

We should have the right to control who can/cannot book. This is for the safety of our staff. 

Having to accept/decline every client is not good for business as we have hundreds of amazing clients that should be able to book with no problem.

Or your 2nd answer, add no show protection? That doesn't do anything to stop bad clients from booking. 

IF there can be a feature in your clients profile to simply flip a switch to BLOCK would be best. Our appointment calendar should just be greyed out and tell them we are not accepting appointments at this time. 

Please listen to this important feed back. I don't know anyone using square appointments who doesn't want this to be added. 

Hi @Threadeyebrows. I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding this feature request. I get it - 3 years is a long time to wait for a request. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to do this yet and I don't have any updates to share for you. 

To help keep the community organized, I've merged your post in with the older thread. This will help keep all of your thoughts in one place so that our development team can easily access it. 

Beta Member

This looks like it has been requested for a long time. Any news on when this will be an available feature? It is not reasonable to have to approve or deny hundreds of bookings when there is like maybe only one client that you need to block for safety reasons. Thank you for updating us all who really need this feature. Other than this one issue, I really love Square.

Hiya @Umkee,

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.