x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments

Hello @KovaFit

I want to make sure I understand your question. When you say session tracking, are you referring to multiple clients booking a class like spin or cardio kick boxing? Or are you looking for a record of appointments for a personal training client? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 👀

This thread was created by merging the thread "Is there any update on if and when we will be able to sell service packages?"

Has there been any update to the ability to sell and track packages?

This is disappointing. We switched from Booker to Square appointments but the features are very limited and not best suited for a hair salon or massage place.  Please work on adding these features asap.

How is it that we’re now 2.5 years and 6 pages of replies in on this “feature request” and nothing seems to actually be in the works to improve it? Square, your lack of an actual response to this issue (Ie, an actual software fix, not some empty words about a “feature request” or some bulky “workaround” that is inconvenient and doesn’t really do what we need it to do) makes me wonder why, exactly, I give you a per cent of each transaction....

Is there a way to assist in scheduling additional appointments for those that have purchased packages and then come back to square up to schedule? If not, can this be created? Currently, I have clients contact me outside of squareup, I then book their appointment and send a confirmation with the date and time. Obviously this is inconvenient for me and them, plus everyone wants to book online. How can squareup make this easier or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Annalise

Alumni

Hey @Annalise - I've merged your post with a thread on a similar topic. Check out Kelly's answer above for more information regarding your question.

If we misunderstood and this is not related to your question, please feel free to provide more details on what you're looking to do and we can point you in the right direction.

Quick question I run a massage business and wondering what would be the best way to set up packages? Let's say 4 sessions, 7 sessions, and 10 sessions. Should I set that up as items? Is there a way to make the items show up under each customer that buys a package. Let's say a client buys 4 sessions.  Anyway to track that under them? So when they come and use a session only 3 will display left for them? 

I looked a few threads that were from a while back and im wondering if you guys have added this feature? 

I'm a Day Spa switching from Booker/MindBody to Square. I know there's been some question about how to add series or packages in Square without it being so accounting dreadful. Does anyone know if there are any updates to this?

Admin

@VSM Currently you'd need to use a workaround to manage packages and we've shared one here: Appointments: How do I sell service packages?

I'm adding your post to that thread so you can be notified if this feature is added to Square Appointments in future. Thanks for your patience! 

Admin
Status changed to: Workaround Provided