x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments

@Thaibodyworkmke seems like this guy nailed it. I created a thread because iv seen this one and it was from 2016 and still no update for this. What a joke. 

@Helen  so the invoices are billed each month? That defeats the purpose of selling a package. The point is for them to pay upfront hence why there is a discount when buying packages.

Admin

Hey @UrbaineOasisSpa! Offering packages in Square Appointments is still a feature request, unfortunately. But I'll make sure to forward your inquiry to our Appointments Team so they can hopefully make some future improvements on this.

Any updates on these requests? I love all of the suggestions made previously by @petuniaspearls !! We are also in skincare/cosmetic dermatology and using square for our appointments/inventory. There is a lot of room for improvement in this sector!

Admin

@VSM

We do understand that this is not a perfect system for packages, and as you can see here, it is something we're tracking as a Feature Request, but have not been able to provide to date.

Sean also has a work around here that offers pre-scheduling appointments, and making them paid based on the sale already being taken. It doesn't allow for a perfect system, but we do hear this request and are happy to continue to pass this feedback.

Admin

Agreed @gresserin that @petuniaspearls had some really great requests!

Here's the information I have:

• Love the idea of having some sort of red alert banner that would show up for crucial information (allergies is a great example). I'll pass this request to our Product Team once again because that's a great suggestion.
  • As I'm sure you know- the Notes feature does exist within each customer profile, but that is the only place to keep additional client information other than the automatic fields that are already built in.
  • We do offer the ability to Upload File to customer profiles! If you head to your Customer Directory and select a customer, you'll see the option to upload a file. So if you want to take a picture of an intake form, pictures, etc, they can be uploaded there!

Please let me know if you need any additional clarification here!

Let's say you offer a value pack of three sessions of a service.  Can you allow the client to book three different appointments from the same service at the same time?

Admin

Hey @mpafford. I moved your post to this thread, as I think the answers align with what you're looking to do- which is a feature request at this time.

Please feel free to post back here or elsewhere in the Community if you have other questions!

I have a similar question.  We sell several different services individually.  We also sell those services available in packages and memberships.  We would like the service sessions to be deducted from a package or the monthly membership when the client uses them.  Is that possible?

Admin

Hey @RespiraVita. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Since we don't have this feature available, I've moved your post to this thread so we can better track the want for it, and so you can also take a look at @ Helen's workaround.

We'll keep everyone updated if and when the ability to deduct services from packages is implemented. Thanks!