x
Beta Member

How to add tips at the time of purchase?

I want the customer to be able to add a tip b4 signing the cell phone.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @ebenton65 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to see you join us here. Welcome!

With the Square app, two tipping features are available: tipping will appear on its own screen or on the signature screen.

To edit your tip settings:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar to access your in-app settings.
  2. Tap Checkout > Tipping.
  3. Toggle Collect Tips on.
  4. Select between Smart Tip Amounts or Set Percentage Amounts.
  5. Select whether youโ€™d like to calculate tips before or after taxes.

If you're needing a bit more insight, here is a helpful guide to walk you through the process as well as answer most other questions regarding tipping!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hi there, @ebenton65 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to see you join us here. Welcome!

With the Square app, two tipping features are available: tipping will appear on its own screen or on the signature screen.

To edit your tip settings:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar to access your in-app settings.
  2. Tap Checkout > Tipping.
  3. Toggle Collect Tips on.
  4. Select between Smart Tip Amounts or Set Percentage Amounts.
  5. Select whether youโ€™d like to calculate tips before or after taxes.

If you're needing a bit more insight, here is a helpful guide to walk you through the process as well as answer most other questions regarding tipping!

Joe
Message 2 of 7

When logged into my web dashboard at https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/ccpa there is no option for the tipping configurations. No "Checkout > Tipping" is available.  How do I make this configuration change from my web portal so that it will synch with my terminal later? I want to configure so that the total for order and tipping options are available when it's time for the customer to pay.

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Joe, I hope you are here to answer an issue I have with tipping. Most customers choose to use Virtual Payment methods. The other day a customer wanted to use the option of paying with the card they have On File instead of NFC. When I selected the option it didn't show the tipping page, it only pulled up the signature page. When my other clients use the NFC or insert their card into the reader, it shows the tipping page, so I know it's activated. 

Can you please help me with this?

Viva La Vie Nails

Message 4 of 7

Hi @vivalavienails ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out. Violet here, stepping in for @Joe.

In order to best answer your question, I'll need to know a little bit more about your setup. Is the Virtual Terminal connected to any other device, such as a Square Terminal?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Violet I'm so sorry somehow an alert For this thread popped up in my email and I realized I completely missed your reply.

This issue was resolved. It turned out to be some sort of setting that needed to be activated. Thank you for replying

Message 6 of 7

Best answer 

Message 7 of 7