x
Highlighted

How to resize receipt for smaller thermal print paper?

I have the Star TSP100 printer, and receipts are printed perfectly with a larger thermal paper roll.

How do I resize receipt content to fit smaller thermal paper roll, so text are not cut out like in this picture?

IMG_2135.JPG

Thank you

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: How to resize receipt for smaller thermal print paper?

Best Answer

As far as I know, you need to use the wider paper rolls.  I don't believe there is an option to change paper roll size.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
Highlighted
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for the post, @NailStudio. @VanKalkerFarms is right - there's not currently a way to resize receipts for smaller paper. Will make sure to let the team here know about this request though, thank you! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Super Seller

Best Answer

As far as I know, you need to use the wider paper rolls.  I don't believe there is an option to change paper roll size.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply

Message 3 of 16
Highlighted
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for the post, @NailStudio. @VanKalkerFarms is right - there's not currently a way to resize receipts for smaller paper. Will make sure to let the team here know about this request though, thank you! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
Highlighted

Thank you

Message 5 of 16
Highlighted

Just wanted to inquire about this request, and potentially learn if there may have been a formal request for this feature/ability.  

The reason I ask, is due to the fact that we recently upgraded our Cafeteria's POS system, with the Square system and the Star TSP100IIIU (which shows up in Square as the TSP143), replacing our traditional register of over 10 years (the second one after about the same number of years as the first) which was using the 57mm thermal paper - and after about 20 years of service, we have developed a bit of a stock-piled supply of rolls. 

We are able to setup the Printer to switch print sizes using the management software, but it would be great if we could get Square to print using the paper successfully.  Seeing that there was some desire for this feature, was curious as to were it may stand with the team at Square.

Thank you very much for the support!

Message 6 of 16
Highlighted
Admin

Welcome to Square @GraniteAssoc! You make a good point — let me check with our Hardware team to see if this is on the roadmap so you can decide if to keep those rolls or not.

I'll be back with an update as soon as I can! 

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
NEW: Become a Super Seller!
Message 7 of 16
Highlighted

Thank you very much for the messag, Helen, and the mention.  Am eager to learn what you find back from the hardware/dev team, as to let our accounting department know as they are the ones inquiring.

Thank you once again, and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

-James-

IT Department

Granite Associates, LP

Message 8 of 16
Highlighted
Admin

@GraniteAssoc Thank your for your patience! Our hardware team just confirmed that this is something they are still considering but we can't share a timeline here in the Community for when it might be available. So while you could hold on to the extra receipt stock, it could be next year before we have any other updates to share.

I'm sorry not to have a definitive answer for you or your Account Department but I hope this helps! 

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
NEW: Become a Super Seller!
Message 9 of 16
Highlighted

Thank you very much for the message, Helen!

We greatly apprecaite your help and assistance with this matter, and will keep optimistic, and keep reviewing for any update made to share about a release date.

Thank you once again, and have a great day and week!

Best,

-James

Granite Associates, LP

Message 10 of 16