x

Feature Request: Schedule multiple staff for single appointment

Beta Member

Feature Request: Schedule multiple staff for single appointment

[Note: the title of this thread has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

Hello. I'm wondering how I can set up scheduling couples massages? I need to be able to have two employees selected when they choose this appointment type. I've tried explaining to a customer the steps to take to schedule two appointments for the same time with two different therapists but this showed to be too inconvenient and they said they'd rather just call in. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Derrick

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: checking out client with multiple providers

Hey @Skp, welcome to the seller community!

I went to check on this request and the ability to process separate sales for each provider on one ticket isn't available at this time. Thank you for showing why this feature is important for your spa.

For now, you'll need to process each service separately to make sure the proper employee gets credit. Appreciate your patience as we make improvements based on seller feedback!

131 Comments
Admin

@RockNRollHair

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to have you here.

Let's jump into these.

Starting with Number 2 first because it's applies to number 1 as well: 

• You'll really want to set up your account with Team Permissions if you have not already. You can choose to limit what your Team Members can see by navigating to your Squareup.com Dashboard > Team > Permissions, then make sure you enable the specific employee or all employees are under that permission. That will keep your Sales from being visible to everyone. Only the person using the emergency code would be able view those sales when it's enabled on your account. Get Started with Team Management here

As for the first question: 

• This is definitely a Feature Request for the Appointments platform. It's almost as if you'd like the ability to create a ticket and assign that ticket to both service providers so it can be divided out more easily. Totally makes sense - and we'll continue to pass that request to our team. Right now, you can choose to put both services together in the Point of Sale app- ring them out, and split the tip between the providers- then mark the payment as paid in the Appointment, but that would limit the tip that is assessed to being split. If you want the tip to be individualized, it would need to be run per service provider. All that said, we are happy to continue to track this as an Appointments Feature Request.

Any updates on this feature being added???

Admin

Not yet @JodinaArdito! We'll keep you updated here, really appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

Unfortunately, this request has been pending for at least the nearly 3 years that this thread has been going on and this important feature has not gotten any attention other than Square reps saying "we hear you and will let you know as soon as we have any news."  I'm now at the point where I have to consider other solutions like Bookeo because this causes so much wasted time for our employees.  

People have been asking for this for some time...tip splitting is one thing but in industries where employees work on commission this becomes a burden for our customers because of tracking (really have to ring them out twice to be sure that the different employees get the transactions for the work they've performed).  I've been asking about this for about a year...and keep getting the "we'll talk to our team about it" line.

Admin

Hey @scootsch!

I wish I had a better update for this feature request. Our Product team is aware of this feature request, and while I don't have a timeline for you, I can see how it's something we would want to make available in the future. It would likely be a change made to our Team Management feature, to enable multiple team members to a sale. 

While I know it's not ideal, @kellyj had a good suggestion above. We appreciate your patience. 

Beta Member

I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. 

It's not about the tips and has nothing to do with appointments. 

I am quite satisfied with my online  appointment scheduling system and have no plans to use Square for booking. 

My employees earn commission on product and service sales.

Like I said in my original post, when one client gets different services from two stylists at the same visit, we have to run two separate transactions. Throw in a product sale by the receptionist and that's THREE transactions for one client at one visit. 

It would be great if when checking out, all three transactions could be combined and attributed to each team member without separate transactions. 

And while I'm at it, it would also be cool if I could assign commission percentages (once a minimum sales number is reached) to each employee and apply the commission when I run payroll. 

Square Community Moderator

I hear where you are coming from, and it does make sense what you are asking. I agree that having this feature would save business', especially salons, a lot of time where sales/commission is not just tracked by dollar amount, but by services provided and products sold. Tagging only one employee to a sale and/or splitting the sales up to track sales for each employee is not a very fluid customer experience and opens the door for a few potential user errors as well.

While this, along with commission percentages (a great feature request), are not available yet, I will be sure to surface them!

Any update on this feature yet?  It is causing serious headache for our massage business. Couple's Massage is one of our most popular treatment booked, we constantly have to manually add an additional therapist or constantly rescheduling clients to fit into our available schedule.   It's has been a long time we many people requested this feature.     Square Appointment need to implement this if they want to keep up with other booking software. 

Admin

@HealthySF9 I went to check for an update on this particular feature request but there isn't any new information to share. I'm really sorry for the ongoing business headache this has caused. If anything changes on this front we'll definitely share an update here in the Community.