x
Admin

Do you use digital coupons in your marketing strategy? ๐Ÿค”

Hey everyone!

With the current economy, it seems like shoppers are looking for more deals than ever. Saving an extra dollar or two feels more important than ever (for some). So we are wondering...

how many of you offer digital coupons/coupons to your customers? Do you have any tips or advice for folks who are just getting started? Reply and share what has worked - or not worked - for your business! 

UPDATE Oct 3, 2022:

Introducing the Square Appointments integration with Groupon! Groupon is a marketplace where over 25 million global customers come to search for services just like yours. It's a great way to get new, high-intent customers with little effort and no upfront costs. 

Read the full product update here.

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

The Town Square team has put together a great resource about this topic. Check out this article to learn 8 creative ways to use digital coupons at your business. 

Have more ideas? Share them in this thread. 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Square Seller Community

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

I agree that spenders are looking for "more" but I'm not sure I would agree that everyone is looking for more deals. In fact, I feel like spenders in the beauty industry are more concerned with the experience and personalization rather than a deal. For example, when I have clients coming in for their regular maintenance appointments, they're happier to pay more for an elevated experience rather than a lesser price for less personalization. Not sure if that makes sense. 
Ultimately I think it's more so getting more for your money rather than a deal. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - Jess Poynter Style and Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

We offer digital coupons on our newsletters. We also have a stack of printed cards on the shop counter, one side business details Inc the Loyalty QR code  the other we offer a coupon code for use online only. They cost pennies to produce snd go down with visitors. The Square marketing package offers a barcode offer you can generate but we have yet to use. It would nice to generate a scanable barcode offer which we could add to printed catalogues we send out at Christmas which customers can use in store or online but yet to find a way of doing.

Folks in the UK always like a deal or an offer. On the run  up to Christmas we offer a tiered discount, generally three levels, requiring three codes, so spend over 30 and get 10% off, spend over 50 and get 15% off etc. We generally offer this in November when buying is most active. It eould be nice if this could be automated I  to one code, but works well.

If it's for redemption online only make sure this is communicated clearly. Terms of use even if minimal are worth having to control the offer, otherwise customers may try to push the boundaries of the offer.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 3 of 12
Super Seller

We regularly do 20% off a product category every month in our newsletters. Square Email Marketing makes it super easy to create and track results. We have been very happy with the number of people who utilize them and how much they are spending when they use the discount. It's also a good opportunity to reward regulars who have been with us for so long. 

Tips: We try to connect products with stories we include in our newsletter about self-help. We also link specific events with products that are used during the events, giving people a little discount. 

Message 4 of 12
Super Seller

We use digital coupons for a few things.  

Birthday gifts (get XX free during your birthday month)

Newsletter Welcome 

Social Media

I recommend not putting your coupon out everywhere and all the time.  It makes people, at least in this industry, feel like the can negotiate your prices at anytime.  Be firm on expiration dates.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

The Town Square team has put together a great resource about this topic. Check out this article to learn 8 creative ways to use digital coupons at your business. 

Have more ideas? Share them in this thread. 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 6 of 12

I did try that with Groupon which was a huge fail. First you get almost 0 out of it, and second you never see these people again if there are no coupons. They want the deals and won't pay full price. I don't know about you but I've had too many years of schooling, experience, insurance, organic products etc., to give away my services for almost nothing. Not worth it to me.

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Thanks for sharing your experience with Groupon @BellaSkinExpert, such a shame it wasn't worth the investment. Did you find another digital coupon that worked for you?

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 12

I'm so hesitant to click on anything. I never know what free or what I have to pay for. I have done only one email, but I am new and don't have a large clientele yet.

Message 9 of 12
Admin

@skinfanatic I agree it's difficult to know what's 'safe' to click on these days. If you're considering using email or SMS marketing tools in future look up Square Marketing (https://squareup.com/us/en/marketing) - there's a 30 day free trial too. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 12

People never pay for cheap goods, people only pay for products that take advantage of them.
Beyond that is the content of anxiety marketing.
http://launchblog.bclinked.com/2022/11/anxiety-marketing-is-being-liked-by.html
You can read this article, I think it's not just the method, but the inner thoughts of the consumer.

Message 11 of 12
Super Seller

We really focus on client retention so we don't run first timer specials. We have a promo going on where, 24 hours after a client leaves the salon, they have a coupon for 10% off their next service, we do apparel promos to move styles but we don't see much from that. Would love some tips on how to get styles to move online! 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 12 of 12