x

Instagram says "profile not eligible" when trying to link Square Appointments

unnamed.pngI noticed earlier today that my "book now" button on Instagram wasn't working. I tried reconnecting it, but it popped up with this message that my account wasn't eligible. I disconnected the old link, and every time I try and add it again, it keeps popping up with this message, saying I need to make a new Facebook Business Manager account, but I already have one. I've logged into it and tweaked everything I can think of to get it to work. I've deleted and reinstalled the apps. I just added the book now button a few days ago and it was working fine then. I've tried doing it from other instagram accounts and it says the same thing.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it just a bug or am I missing something??

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AutumnIvy-

So sorry to hear about how frustrating this has been. I reached out to our Square Appointments team, and they explained that they've been receiving complaints and inquiries about this same error message for iOS devices. It's unfortunately something about Instagram not recognizing that it's a business account to integrate with Square Appointments. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and working with Instagram on a fix. I'll make sure to update this thread when I hear something.

In the meantime, because it's their app, Instagram may have some suggestions (apart from all the troubleshooting you've already done) to resolve this issue. Please let us know if that's the case. Thank you so much for your time and I'll reach out soon. 

** If you've like additional details on this issue, please give our Square Appointments team a call at any time. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Looking for help w this too.. do I need to create a new Facebook business page ?

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Hey @AutumnIvy and @Nelli-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Can you both verify that you've completed all the steps listed in this Support Center article?

In particular, that your profile on Instagram is a business profile. Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 3 of 13

Yes i have ! I have a business page connected to the profile  I just don’t know what exactly is wrong. 

Message 4 of 13

@isabelle I have. My Instagram profile is a business profile. I just edited the book now link last week so it would pop up at a different location and it was working fine. I went to run some adds and realized that the site wouldn’t load when I clicked “book now,” It also wouldn’t let me edit it, so I deleted the action button, but it still wouldn’t let me add a new “book now” option. On my businesses old Instagram profile the book now button still works, but if I try and edit it it pops up with the same unauthorized message. 

I spent five hours on Saturday doing everything under the moon I could think of to fix it. I just opened a new location and am running promotions, so I’m fairly upset that it isn’t working. This can cost me a lot of money in lost revenue. 

I even made a new Instagram account and converted it to a business one, and it was still popping up with the same message.

????

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AutumnIvy-

So sorry to hear about how frustrating this has been. I reached out to our Square Appointments team, and they explained that they've been receiving complaints and inquiries about this same error message for iOS devices. It's unfortunately something about Instagram not recognizing that it's a business account to integrate with Square Appointments. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and working with Instagram on a fix. I'll make sure to update this thread when I hear something.

In the meantime, because it's their app, Instagram may have some suggestions (apart from all the troubleshooting you've already done) to resolve this issue. Please let us know if that's the case. Thank you so much for your time and I'll reach out soon. 

** If you've like additional details on this issue, please give our Square Appointments team a call at any time. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 13

I keep getting an error message on Instagram when trying to connect my square appointments to my account. 

i go to add action button > add square appointments and instead of allowing me to sign in it says 

“your profile can’t use this feature because it requires a new Facebook Manager Account” 

i deleted both Instagram and square apps, logged back in and did the steps all over to sync square but still it showed the same error message. 

I even tried disconnecting my Instagram and Facebook and reconnecting to see if that worked but it did not.

need help because would like the convenience of my clients being able to “book now” from my Instagram 

E14377F6-940A-4BD1-865E-0F757E70966B.png

Message 7 of 13
Admin

Hey @Brittanylila

This is a known issue with Instagram currently. Please take a look through this thread for troubleshooting tips and more information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 13

Hello I am having the same issue  can you please notify me when its been fixed

Message 9 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mblanco82,

As Isabelle stated above it'd be best to reach out to Instagram to see if they can help further at this time.

We'll update the thread if we hear more.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 13

thank you. my business has suffered over this and i will just have to look for a different booking or scheduling service. not all options give this error. Instagram is making it impossible to link square. however, i am stuck with Instagram so i have to move on from square. 

Message 11 of 13

I’m trying to put the booking link back into my “book now” action on IG and it says i can’t because my account requires a new Facebook Business Manager? 
I’ve already connected my IG account to a FB manager account so i don’t see the problem.

Message 12 of 13

FIXED!!!! 

New IOS update 13.6.1 fixed the problem and now I was able to add the appointments by square book button back on my instagram page! 

Message 13 of 13