x

Intro: New Turbo Massage Device

Hi,

I'm Keith, based in a currently locked down Sydney. But the sun is shining and the beach is open! (for socially distanced exercise).

I'm the founder of XITATE.COM which is my venture to bring a new massage device to the market. The idea is that it's a really powerful device that can deliver the equivalent of 90 minutes massage (except for the chill part), in around 15 minutes. When I've tested it with sports masseuses, they've liked that it saves their hands.

I'm interested in getting to know more physical therapists.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Welcome to the group, Keith! Is this something you intend to sell to consumers through your website, or is it more a tool you want to sell to professional masseuses to use with their own customers?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4

Hi Adam,

Good question. Both, but as part of a bigger plan.

1. As a service: I have prototypes that I'm testing. Because it's more effective & faster than traditional massage, there's excess value to be captured in the service segment. This is easier and faster to market.

2. Product: Using the direct testing to develop the product. Hardware is hard, expensive and takes time. I believe that the first customer segment will be masseuses because of the benefits that it brings to their business. They immediately see the advantages in the machine and can make more money with a value added/premium service. And consumers will follow because the usual response that I have is "WTF was that and where can I buy one?!" You can use the device on yourself but it is nicer and more effective to receive the service. And it's a great way to start a massage. Get the hard work done and body warmed up. Then provide the relaxation and human touch after.

K

Message 3 of 4
Admin

That sounds like a solid plan and wise approach to me! Good luck!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 4