x
Beta Member

No Show Protection for appointments booked over the phone/in person?

I've dug around and have not been able to find an answer to my question.  I DO understand the difference between No show protection and COF.

What is the option to be able to fall back on my No Show Protection when a client books over the phone or in person?  I do not make available every single service I do as able to be scheduled online.  So when I have that flakey client that wants to rebook at her appointment, there's no way to have her next appointment have No Show Protection because she's not booking it herself online.  Now, I could add her card to her Client info (COF) but it has to be manually entered and I'm instructed to print out the auth form for them to sign, extra steps and a pain.  SO I get all that, but if a client has a COF, flakes on an appointment, they can easily REMOVE their COF and not be charged a cancellation fee.  Why can't a clients card info be connected to each appointment they book?

Is there something I'm not seeing or some other kind of work around?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

For the clients that have not developed a relationship with me within 6 month to a year I would request a partial payment 2-3 days before the appointment. I have had to explain to people that as a small business I can’t afford any no shows.
I can send them an invoice through Square so they pay how they wish.  I have even had clients drop off cash prior to the appt.

Partial payments can be any amount. I usually ask for $25 just as a show of good faith that they will be coming in. You can add the partial payment to their booking as well so it is automatically deducted when they come in for their service.
I also mentioned to them during the request for the partial payment that it applies to the appointment that is booked on that day only. If they do not show up for that appointment or don’t cancel within 24 hours before then they’re $25 is forfeited and cannot be applied to another appointment .

Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I’ve done this as well, especially with first time clients. But it’s a lot for everyone: make an invoice, collect deposit before, credit the deposit on appointment day…..when all we need is the card on file to have the same use as when a card is used for no show protection. But no show protection ONLY works when the client books online. 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I would also be interested in a work-around for this. I like to re-book my clients before they leave, but if I do that then I am not protected if they late-cancel or no-show. Why is there not an option for no-show protection when we re-book or book over the phone?

Message 4 of 4