x
Super Seller

Social Media: How often a week do you post to social media?

Online marketing is king these days for driving traffic to websites and store fronts.  I'm really trying to figure out a good rhythm for online marketing but struggle to find consistency.  

So How often do you post to social media? 

Weekly, monthly, randomly?  How did you figure out the right schedule?

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I used to post daily but it’s draining. So, I also use facebook’s business app which allows you to schedule ahead.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

I'm still struggling with this also.  I normally post about 4 times a week.  I sometimes feel that I don't always have enough relevant things to post more than 4 times.  

Message 22 of 44
Beta Member

Depends on what channel and what my strategy is. I have blocks scheduled in to schedule my posts monthly with tasks weekly between the ones that I pre-schedule. I set a time because social media is not my thing tio begin with, and I then move on to my other business owner tasks. Having a strategy and time blocks helps me to remain as consistent as I want to be on social. 

Message 23 of 44

I post 5+ times a day. Social Media is a great platform to have people all over the world shop with you. 

Message 24 of 44

I never feel like I have enough relevant content to post 5 times a day.  I own a business making bath and body products. 

Message 25 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

I feel the same way! I would be very curious to hear what @Twannarankin1 posts about if they're willing to share! Some days I really struggle to come up with content at all.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 26 of 44
Beta Member

It is definitely overwhelming at times. It's all about consistency. If you can only post 2 times a week then do that constantly. 

- I post every other day on FB & Instagram

- FB stories daily 

- I post daily on instagram stories ( trying for 4 times a day) 

- Instagram reels I post weekly but working on 2 times a week

- IGTV my goal is weekly but haven't kept that up yet

- tiktoc 3 times a month 

Message 27 of 44
Beta Member

That's what I do. Posts twice a week, at same times. Mostly because I am getting enough new guest requests organically.
I also have a VIP client group on FB and I do email marketing to all of my clients. New guests receive a welcome email, digital brochure, post-visit follow-up email, and a survey request.

Message 28 of 44

Everyday but keep sale post to min or customers will wait rather then purchase when needed 

Message 29 of 44

We post daily at least two times a day . We hit it at 9am then again about 9pm 

Message 30 of 44
Beta Member

We post twice a day 11am and 8pmest

Message 31 of 44

Definitely daily 

Message 32 of 44

I post on FaceBook M-F, Saturday is a personal no social media day for me, and then on Sunday I do a video. I schedule all of my posts for the week on Sunday, because I don't have time to do it every single day. I've spent the last year + figuring out what time of day to post to get the most response, so that helps me schedule the posts so they consistently are posted at about the same time. I also follow a format, so it's not all sales related. Motivational/Meet Me Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are products, Wednesday are new products teasers, a how-to video if I have something new, or life hack/tip - once a month I do a giveaway for comment/like/share and that's where it gets posted, and then Friday is wishing everyone a good weekend, maybe sharing my plans for the weekend, and a reminder to pop in and see the Sunday video. Sunday videos, I try to keep under 10 minutes, it might be about new products, products being discontinued, answering ingredient questions (what the heck is it) for products, how to use a product, etc. it helps people to know why they need something, what problem it solves for them, and how they use it. (BTW, I'm product based, not service based, but you could follow a similar format for services... for example, what is a paraffin manicure? and then do a quick walk through of what a customer would expect when getting that service.) The really genius part is that you can film all the videos for a month in one day, and then schedule them for the next month.

Message 33 of 44

Love this thank you for sharing your process 😊

Message 34 of 44
Beta Member

I post on Facebook and Instagram minimum once a week.  When I am up on my game it is more like 3-4 times a week.  

Message 35 of 44
Beta Member

I post daily, I took a few social media classes and was told that I should post at least 3 times a day. But once a say works for me. Based on the analytics, my followers are on between 9am and 11 am so I try to post around that time. 

In my Facebook group, I schedule post out for everything a Monday and reply to group members as often as I can. 

Patrice Nicole
Message 36 of 44
Beta Member

I post everyday. One feed post and at least one story. Content matters but not as much as consistency. Stay in front of your audience. Post every day and then once a week take a 24hr break. 

Message 37 of 44

I always time it based on the viewers activity or the market it's in. If it's entertainment club/social events i would post it when the younger audience on weekends or whenever the user is usual on social media. If you're in the business of mentoring or counseling i would post early in the mornings weekly when people need to start the day with positivity or affirmations before work etc..

Message 38 of 44

I usually post daily, but since I have been rebranding I haven't. Im going to do a relaunch in the next coming months.

Message 39 of 44
Beta Member

#1 goal a businessman should have is how to work efficiently. Can you make what you are looking to make by working 4 hours a week? Yes, you can. I have been working 4 hours a week since i was 19. Now i have 6 business and i am still growing. One thing is i do not do everything. If you can find a person to post your posts, do it. I have everything automated, delegated, or i eliminate. 

to answer your question, I have delegated my social media team posts daily twice a day.

https://g.page/Dandiesbarber?share
Message 40 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

Last year I was attempting to post every day except for Sunday. It was exhausting and time-consuming! So this year I've been posting on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. This has been MUCH more manageable!  Someone also recently talked to me about posting when you have something to say rather than posting for the sake of posting - otherwise your audience learns that your posts aren't important and they skim over them. So I've been trying to keep that in mind as well.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 41 of 44
Beta Member

That's what I do now; only post when I have something in particular to say. 

Message 42 of 44