x

How do I let clients pay from home?

I am a counselor and due to CoVid 19, I am seeing clients virtually and need a way for them to pay from home. I don't have an online store. How can I do that?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SEnSe - great question. There are a couple of ways your clients can pay you:

• You could accept payment over the phone by manually entering card information to your Square Dashboard from the Virtual Terminal section. The per transaction fee for manually entering a card payment is 3.4% + 15ยข.

• You could send your clients a Square Invoice: when you create an invoice your customer will receive an email with a link in it, and they enter their own card information online - a bit like do when you shop online. The per transaction fee for a Square Invoice is 2.9% + 30ยข.

• If you use Square Appointments you can take a payment from your computer, and save a customers card on file so you can charge it again after their next appointment. As above, the per transaction fee for manually entering a card payment to your computer or charing a card on file is 3.4% + 15ยข. 

The reason that fee for manually entering card information is higher is because there's a greater risk involved with these payments as the customer doesn't have to be physically present to complete the payment.

I hope you're well and your adapting to everything. I'm glad to hear you're able to 'meet' your clients virtually. Do you use video calls or phone calls? 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SEnSe - great question. There are a couple of ways your clients can pay you:

• You could accept payment over the phone by manually entering card information to your Square Dashboard from the Virtual Terminal section. The per transaction fee for manually entering a card payment is 3.4% + 15ยข.

• You could send your clients a Square Invoice: when you create an invoice your customer will receive an email with a link in it, and they enter their own card information online - a bit like do when you shop online. The per transaction fee for a Square Invoice is 2.9% + 30ยข.

• If you use Square Appointments you can take a payment from your computer, and save a customers card on file so you can charge it again after their next appointment. As above, the per transaction fee for manually entering a card payment to your computer or charing a card on file is 3.4% + 15ยข. 

The reason that fee for manually entering card information is higher is because there's a greater risk involved with these payments as the customer doesn't have to be physically present to complete the payment.

I hope you're well and your adapting to everything. I'm glad to hear you're able to 'meet' your clients virtually. Do you use video calls or phone calls? 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I send my clients an invoice from the Square invoices app, and have them e-transfer, which is free for me. I need to go and record the payment manually so that it doesn't send them a reminder, but it works well for me that way. I hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you so much @eclipsvianet

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 4