x
Admin

How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders

This post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.

Hello Seller Community,

As COVID-19 news changes by the minute, the new reality of social distancing is setting in. We also heard from a few restaurant owners within the Seller Community and we wanted to offer some solutions that can keep your business running.

If your restaurant faces reduced foot traffic or if your local government instructs you to pause operations, Square Online can help your business stay afloat by enabling you to take orders online for in-person pickup. We also expedited the ability for you to offer curbside pickup and local delivery.

How in-person pickup works:

1. Your existing Item Library automatically imports into your Square Online site.
  2. Customer orders made via Square Online connect directly with your Square Point of Sale system.
  3. You won’t have to change your current process and can go forward with accepting online orders quickly.

If you haven't tried Square Online, check out this video for a comprehensive setup guide. Store owners and similar businesses should check out our tutorial for retailers instead.

For more specifics on enabling these features, have a look at these resources:

As we band together to combat the spread of the coronavirus, I see how these efforts impact friends, family, and my favourite local businesses. If any other sellers have questions or insight on what's worked well so far — please weigh in below.

Hope this helps you navigate through the days ahead, and we'll certainly keep you updated as we're able to remove obstacles!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Check out this post to learn how to take orders online for in-person pickup, and learn how to set up local delivery with Square Online. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Check out this post to learn how to take orders online for in-person pickup, and learn how to set up local delivery with Square Online. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

It is a great feature, unfortunately 99% of my customers pay via e-transfer so I have to manually enter their orders myself. we really need the option to set our own payment types (such as e-transfer) so that we can mark it as paid once confirmed email has been received. Shopify has this feature. 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3