x
Admin

Setting up your Square Stand: FAQs

Square Stand.jpg

Square Stand is a countertop solution that can be used in a variety of settings, from retail to cafes and restaurants. In this post, we share some common questions and answers about Square Stand and how you can set it up to work for your business. 

If you have any questions about Square Stand, let us know in the comments below!

Can I use an Android tablet with the Square Stand? 

Square Stand isn’t currently compatible with Android devices. If you are looking for a mount or stand for your Android tablet, you can purchase the Heckler @Rest Universal Stand from the Square Shop. 

What about an iPad mini - can I use that with the Square Stand?

iPad minis are not compatible with the Square Stand. Here’s a full list of iPads that will work with the Square Stand

What other hardware do I need to get started?

With the Square Stand, you can connect the following hardware depending on your needs and how you’d like your till setup to look. 

You can add:

• Receipt printer: You can connect a thermal receipt printer to your Stand to quickly provide customers with a paper copy of their receipt or print out an order ticket for your bar or cafe. 

• Kitchen printer: Using a kitchen printer will allow you to print out order tickets directly to your bar or kitchen without worrying about the heat destroying your receipt. 

• Cash drawer: Your connected cash drawer will automatically open when you accept cash payments and help you organize your cash takings. 

• Barcode scanner: Quickly ring out items by scanning their barcode rather than scrolling through your item library. 

• Sticky label printer: If you are a coffee shop, quick-service restaurant or boba shop, you can print out sticky order labels. 

You can find all of our supported hardware here and purchase accessories from the Square Shop. If you have any questions about a particular model, feel free to reply below!

How can I set up my Square Stand? 

Here’s a step-by-step guide on setting up your Square Stand. Before you get started, make sure that you have some kind of internet connection - either WiFi or a mobile data plan will do.

How do I take payments with Square Stand?

You can use the Square Stand and you can use the connected Square contactless reader to accept all major card brands. You can accept Interac chip transactions for any amount and Interac Flash transactions (e.g. tap debit) up to $100.

You can use the Square Point of Sale app to take payments, or you can subscribe to Square for Retail and use the Square for Retail app.

Can I use Square Terminal with Square Stand?

It’s not possible to use the Square Terminal as a customer facing display for the Square Stand. You can use Square Stand or Square Terminal as your Point of Sale but at this time, you won’t be able to push active sales from the Stand to the Terminal automatically. As a workaround, you can use the open ticket feature.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0