x
Admin

Square Online: Turn on Curbside Pickup

This post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.

We know that foot traffic is a challenge for restaurants during this time of social distancing and even more of a predicament in areas with shelter in place. You can still reach your customers online with Square Online. Our new Curbside Pickup option allows your customers to request pickupโ€”making for a seamless customer experience.

To turn on Curbside Pickup:

• Sign into your Square Online Overview page, follow the onboarding steps, and turn on in-store pickup.
  • Next, click the checkbox to turn on curbside pickup for the appropriate location. Note that you must have a phone number set for your location in order to use curbside pickup. The phone number is given to customers who request curbside pickup during checkout.
  • Finally, you can use the Edit location details link to add or edit your phone number.

To see what it looks like, check out the video below. If you're in the retail business, check out our tutorial for shop owners instead.

For complete details, head on over to this article: The Checkout Experience. If this is your first time viewing this article, you may receive a prompt to log in โ€” to proceed with viewing, simply click Maybe later.

Interested in delivering locally? Consider this solution: Turn on Local Delivery.

If any questions or concerns come up, please let us know!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @j2ledflashlight,

Thanks for bringing this up. A number of sellers raised this concern and there's a handful of things you can do to protect yourself from a chargeback. To get started, my best suggestion is to have a look at this resource and consider which practices you can implement at your business (I think you'll find the "Attach a Contract" section to be useful): Preventing Chargebacks.

Hope this helpsโ€”I'll be sure to surface your point about the punch code to our Online Store. If any other questions or concerns remain, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper look!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

One of the things I worry about is what proof  is need to prove that you have given the paid item to the customer.

A customer can complain to the credit card company that the purchased and paid item was not received and file a charge back to the seller. Then customer gets the item for free.  Where is the seller's protection? Do I make the buyer sign for it to proof that the paid item is received?

A safe mechanism is to have the customer punch in a code in Sqaure to proof that the customer has received the item.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @j2ledflashlight,

Thanks for bringing this up. A number of sellers raised this concern and there's a handful of things you can do to protect yourself from a chargeback. To get started, my best suggestion is to have a look at this resource and consider which practices you can implement at your business (I think you'll find the "Attach a Contract" section to be useful): Preventing Chargebacks.

Hope this helpsโ€”I'll be sure to surface your point about the punch code to our Online Store. If any other questions or concerns remain, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper look!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Message 3 of 3