x
Admin

๐Ÿ’กThe Results Are In from Square's Small Business Hackathon!

Hi Seller Community,

We are hosting a hackathon for developers to build software applications that enable small businesses to adapt to the post-COVID world. In order to ensure that this competition produces solutions that help solve real challenges youโ€™re experiencing, we need your help. There are two ways to participate.

Option One: Share a challenge prompt for participants to solve

If you're a Square Seller, please share the new challenges your business is experiencing. For example, here are some of the challenges that have come up over the last few months:

• For some shop owners, they have too much spring inventory that didn't sell and now have summer inventory coming in.

• Some restaurants may require all guests to use in-app mobile ordering from dining restaurants to avoid extra interaction.

๐Ÿ’ก What new challenges are you facing? We want to hear more from you. Reply to this post below with your suggestions by June 10 and we'll make sure they're represented in this event. ๐Ÿ’ก

Option Two: Participate in the Hackathon

If you're a developer and interested in participating, submit your entry by 5:00pm EDT June 22, 2020: The Square Small Business Hackathon.

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

A quick reminder that today, 10th June, is the last day to submit recommendations for the Square Small Business Hackathon. (Note: Developers can register and submit entries until June 22.)

If you're not sure what to suggest think about the features that would help you to take contactless payments or to streamline online ordering. Share your suggestions in the thread below!

What's next? We'll compile your insights and make sure they're available to developers as they build their submissions.

We'll circle back with a summary of the outcome after the eventโ€”keep in touch!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 3
Admin

The results are in! Thanks for helping make this a successful event and congratulations to all of the developers who participated! ๐ŸŽ‰

We're following up with a highlight of the top eight submissions from participating developers. To learn more about a particular build, click the link included in the description below and scroll down to Try it Out. Note: Some applications may not be available outside the US.

Queue with Kyoo โ€” "Queue with Kyoo is a simple line management solution built on top of Square that helps solve the pain of long socially-distanced lines at retail shops, grocery stores...anywhere with a socially-distanced line, because of limiting the number of customers in a store."

Inventory Squared โ€” "My wife and I own a candy shop and updating inventory when receiving new shipments was very time consuming. I wrote Inventory Squared to enable multiple people to use phones (or tablets) to update inventory."

Fetcha - Just sit, we'll fetch! โ€” "Fetcha is the easiest way for food and beverage stores to offer safe table service to their customers. Once linked with the merchants square account, Fetcha builds a digital menu using all of the items already stored in their Square point of sales system."

Voice Order โ€” "As a care giver, I have been hyper-sensitive about my contacts in this COVID-19 world. In looking for ways to use technology to improve on processes, I considered my local small businesses. Order taking requires risky face-to-face dwell time that can be limited with the right solution."

StreamMD โ€” "We decided to build a Covid-19 telemedicine solution called StreamMD that allows licensed physicians to screen, treat, and test (we have access to FDA EUA home-collection test kids) patients while minimizing community spread, mitigating person-to-person infection, and reducing unnecessary and inefficient overflow of patients in emergency departments at hospitals."

Curatio โ€” "Curatio helps patients connect to doctors and receive information regarding healthcare according to the patients needs as much as possible without physically being in contact with the doctor or be at a hospital."

ProFit โ€” "ProFit targets the many needs of fitness professionals such that they can build and spread their business across a platform that encourages social distancing and ease of access for both trainers and users."

Hurdlr's Automatic Business Expense & Deduction Finder โ€” "Square Sellers self-identify into a business type, as do Hurdlr users. For this hackathon, we added a feature that goes through all of a Square Sellers expenses (via a linked credit card) and surfaces up the โ€œlikelyโ€ and โ€œnot likelyโ€ tax deductions."

To see all of the outcomes from the hackathon participants, check out the Square small business hackathon website. Note: you can view specific submissions for Retail, Food & Beverage, Healthcare, or Services & Other Use Cases by checking the box under Filter Submissions on the right side of the page.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 3