x
Super Seller

Use Square Contracts for Employment Contracts

I have just set up a contract I was hoping to use as my standard employment contract I need signed. The only thing stopping me is that the contract has text added by Square that states "This contract is between ABC (the "Business") and XYZ (the "Client") dated 27/06/2021".

This doesn't make sense for an employment contract - is there any way merchants like us might be able to choose from some pre-made options to replace that line so the contracts are more flexible please? Ideally we could set our own word, but even if there were pre-made choices like "Client", "Vendor", "Casual Worker", "Staff Member" or "Employee", things like that.

Another idea might be to enable the merchant to sign last, or collect multiple signatures.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @artizansty, thank you for sharing this! Square Contracts was developed mainly to help businesses communicate with their customers rather than employees, so all the standard templates are primarily for service agreement and card authorisation form.

I will definitely share this suggestion with the appropriate team so they can look to expand the use of Contracts for other purposes. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Totally understand @tranguyen - but a business doesn't only deal with contracts with clients, so helping a business with all their contracts needs would be handy if possible please!

Message 3 of 3