x
Admin

Choosing the right Square Point of Sale hardware for your business

Hey everyone!

We’ve put together this overview of Square Point of Sale supported hardware and hardware FAQs to help you select the right reader for your business. 

Square Reader

Square ReaderSquare Reader

Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and EFTPOS card payments via Tap or Chip. Accept Apple Pay and Google Pay via Tap. If required, PIN entry is done via the touchscreen on your mobile device. This reader connects to your mobile phone or tablet wirelessly via bluetooth.

How much does it cost? $59 or pay in monthly installments. 

Where can I get one? Visit the Square Shop to order Square Reader for contactless and chip. Readers arrive in 2 to 7 business days and standard shipping is free! Expedited shipping is available.

Need a contactless and chip card reader ASAP? Pick one up from Officeworks or JB HiFi.

Suitable for: Individuals who need to take payments on the go (wifi or data required) e.g. farmers markets, fairs or businesses who need a lightweight, pocket-sized Point of Sale e.g. plumbers, electricians. Check which mobile devices are compatible with Square Reader here.

Square Terminal

Square TerminalSquare Terminal

Square Terminal is an all in one Point of Sale: Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and EFTPOS card payments via Tap or Chip. Accept Apple Pay and Google Pay via Tap. PIN entry is via the Terminal’s touchscreen. Build your item library, print receipts, and connect hardware accessories with the hub for Square Terminal (sold separately for $69).

How much does it cost? $329 or pay in monthly instalments. 

Where can I get one? Order a Terminal from the Square Shop. Your Terminal will arrive in 2-7 business days and shipping is free! Terminal is also available at Officeworks.

Suitable for: Cafes, bars, or restaurants to accept payments table-side. Also suitable for any business that doesn’t need a static register and connected hardware (see Square Stand and Register below) e.g. art galleries or services or repair businesses like dry cleaners, plumbers, electricians. In addition, you can use Terminal out in the field (e.g. at trade shows or for on-site services) by connecting to a mobile hotspot.

Square Stand

pasted image 0.png

Square Stand transforms your iPad into a secure countertop register. Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and EFTPOS card payments via Tap or Chip. Accept Apple Pay and Google Pay via Tap. PIN entry is done via the iPad touch screen, with the ability to spin Stand 180 degrees to face your customer. Square Stand also comes with a USB hub so you can connect hardware such as a cash drawer and receipt printer.

How much does it cost? $149 (if you have your own iPad) or pay in monthly instalments.

Where can I get one? Order a Square Stand from the Square Shop. Your Stand will arrive in 2-7 business days and standard shipping is free. Expedited shipping is available.

What iPads does Square Stand work with? Square’s Stand will fit 10.2” iPad (2020, 2019), 10.5” iPad Air (2019) or iPad Pro 10.5”. 

Suitable for: Businesses looking for a countertop solution such as retail stores, boutiques or cafés, quick-service restaurants, food trucks, and salons.

Square Register

gallery-Register-AU-05.jpeg

With a detachable customer-facing display Square Register is a fully integrated point of sale system. Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and EFTPOS card payments via Tap or Chip. Accept Apple Pay and Google Pay via Tap. PIN entry is done via the customer facing display. Connect hardware such as a cash drawer and receipt printer.

How much does it cost? $1099 or pay in monthly installments. 

Where can I get one? Order Square Register from the Square Shop. Your Register will arrive in 2-7 business days and standard shipping is free. Expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is available. Square Register is also available at Officeworks stores.

Suitable for: Businesses looking for an integrated countertop solution such as retail stores, cafes, restaurants. Square for Retail Free, Plus, and Premium plans are available for Square Register. Square for Restaurants Free is also available, but keep in mind Restaurants Plus and Premium are not supported at this time, but will be coming in the future. Square Appointments is also supported.

FAQs about Square Hardware

How can I learn even more about Square hardware? Visit our website: Compare Square Hardware.

What are Square’s fees? Visit our Support Centre for details about Square’s per-transaction fees

How can I learn more about installments? Learn more about Installments for Square Hardware in our Support Centre.

Where can I find out which hardware accessories are compatible with Square? Visit our Hardware Compatibility by Device article for the most up to date information about supported hardware including cash drawers, receipt printers, kitchen ticket printers, and barcode scanners.

Can I use a Square reader, Terminal or Register that I purchased in the US or another country? No. Square readers and the Square Terminal and Register can only be used in the country in which you've activated your account. 

Can I expedite my order? Expedited shipping availability and pricing is dependent on the hardware ordered. Select this option at checkout to view pricing information. At the moment Terminal is not available for expedited shipping.

I haven't received my Square hardware, what do I do? If your hardware hasn't arrived, please reach out to our support team for assistance! You can call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEDT.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0