x
Admin

Give and Get Local: A new way for customers to find and support eGift Card sellers

We know this is a trying time for business owners everywhere. We want you to know that we’re here for you, and committed to supporting our community in every way possible.

gc1.png

In order to help support local businesses, we've created a new directory of Square eGift Card sellers called Give and Get Local. The Give and Get Local directory makes it simple for customers to find businesses in their area and to support them by purchasing eGift Cards. Additionally, we’ll be promoting the directory on digital media to help get your business in front of more potential customers.

gc2.jpg

What this means for your business:

• If your business already sells eGift Cards through Square and has been processing payments with us, you may already be included in the Give and Get Local directory. To be sure that you are included in the directory, please visit the eGift Cards section in your online Square Dashboard and toggle ON Show my eGift Cards in public directories.

If for any reason you wish to exclude your business from this directory, or possibly exclude mention of your business on the websites of any Square partners, please visit the eGift Cards section in your online Square Dashboard and toggle OFF Show my eGift Cards in public directories.

• If you have been processing credit cards through Square but your business doesn’t currently offer eGift Cards, and you would like to be listed in the directory, simply set up a free Square eGift Cards ordering page and toggle ON Sell eGift Cards Online and Show my eGift Cards in public directories. eGift Cards are free to offer, easy to set up, and customizable to your business.

If your business is included in the Give and Get Local directory, it will be represented by the business name and eGift Card design you have associated to your Square account, however you can make adjustments:

• To update your business name, visit Account & Settings in your Square Dashboard.

• To update the eGift Card design associated with your business:
    • Visit the eGift Cards page from the online Square Dashboard
    • Select Manage Designs > Add Design and then upload your preferred image.

To learn more about the Give and Get Local directory, or how to set up an eGift Card program for your business, visit our Support Center.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

How do  I get my business to show up in location and category searches? The only way I can see my listing is to type in the name of my business.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey there @amyrosner. Just to clarify- are you referring to location and category searches from google?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 7

No, searches within Give & Get Local. The purpose of the site is to find businesses in your area and in a category. My business doesn't come up in either type of search. The only way I can see my business is if I search for my business name. This is useless, because the point of the site is to help people find businesses. No one will be able to find me unless they already know about me.

Message 4 of 7
Admin

@amyrosner Thanks for clarifying. I checked in with a few teams and there's a ticket open with our engineers for your account. There's something going on on the back end that is keeping your business from showing in the location and category search, but it looks like there's a fix on the (very near) horizon. 

Sorry again. I'll keep you updated once I hear back from them.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the update! I hadn't heard anything. 🙂

Message 6 of 7

It's been another week and I still haven't heard anything and I still don't show up in searches. 

Message 7 of 7