x
Alumni

Restaurants Revitalization Fund: Common Questions & Answers

Hi Food and Beverage Sellers! 

Square will start enabling applications for the Restaurants Revitalization Fund (RRF) today Monday, May 3rd at 12:00 PM EST. This plan includes a $28.6 billion fund for awards to eligible businesses, administered by the SBA. Square is working with the SBA to help business owners apply for an award if they are eligible. If you meet the program requirements, you can submit your application through your Square Dashboard or through the SBA Portal. If you are eligible to apply through Square, we will pre-fill your application with information you have on your Square account.

I encourage you all to take a look at the Live Q&A: Restaurant Revitalization Fund for Square Food and Beverage Sellers for common questions and answers. I’ve also included an overview of the Live Q&A below:

When can you apply:

• Applications start on Monday 5/3 at 12:00 p.m EST / 9:00 a.m. PST.
  • The SBA has a registration window open on Friday 4/30, but if you plan to apply through Square you do not need to register with the SBA. 

Who can apply through Square:

• To determine if you are an eligible business type, you’ll need to visit SBA’s website (sba.gov/restaurants).
  • If you processed with Square in 2019 and 2020 (Table 1 or 2 in the RRF application), you can apply through Square’s dashboard or the SBA. If you used multiple POS providers during that period or had supplemental income e.g. from online ordering apps, you can still apply with Square. You’ll be able to add supplementary income information — but the SBA may require you to provide additional documentation before you e-sign your application.
  • If you began processing with Square in 2020 or 2021 (Table 3 in the RRF application), then you will need to apply through the SBA. You can get useful information from your Square account to include in your application — to learn how, please take a look at our Support Center.

Why you should or should not apply with Square

• If you apply through Square can save time completing and submitting your application with pre filled data from your Square account.
  • Submitting through Square can help you get your application in front of the SBA quickly — before the RRF funds run out.
  • Square will enable you to add supplemental revenue information in your application for either Table 1 or Table 2 applicant. However, if you are a Table 3 applicant, you will need to apply via SBA because Square will not let you upload supporting documentation for eligible expenses. 

How can you apply with Square:

• If you are eligible to apply through Square, you’ll need to log in to your dashboard when the application window opens, using the owner’s login. From there, you’ll find a specific RRF module from where you can start your application.
  • Square will have pre-filled your application with the information we know about your business. That said, there is information we do not have access to. To complete your application as fast as possible we recommend to have the following information handy:
    • The date (day, month, and year) you began operations.
    • How many months you operate in every location. This is especially important if you operate a seasonal business. 
    • Any additional income you may have earned in 2019 and 2020 that was not processed through Square. Ideally you are tracking this income by location. If this information is not available feel free to distribute this across locations ensuring the total revenue by location (through Square and other sources)stays under $5M.
    • Your PPP loan information — especially if you did not process these loans with Square.
  • After submitting your award application through your Square Dashboard, you’ll need to eSign your application. Here’s how it works:
    • Open an email from Square with the title “Your RRF award application is not yet complete.” Follow the link in the email to visit the SBA portal.
    • If you see a page with the title “Third Party Signup,” you are in the right spot. Enter the text you see in the grey pixelated image in the appropriate field and click Complete Sign Up.
    • You’ll then receive an email from SBA with the title “SBA Restaurant Revitalization Fund - Password Reset E-mail.” Click the link included in the email to reset your password.
    • Once you complete your password reset, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Sign and Submit Application to sign your application via DocuSign.
    • The SBA may also require additional documentation for your application if you indicated revenue outside of Square. From the SBA portal, you will be able to upload supporting documentation to the Additional Info Needed section if required by the SBA.

How can you get help if you have more questions?

• If you have more granular questions about the application process, eligibility, or awards, please reach out to the designated SBA helpline (844-279-8898) or the SBA district office. Applicants can call this number for multilingual application or program support.
  • Reach out to your SBA District Office: Applicants can reach out to their local District Office for tailored regional SBA support.

Note: You will be able to apply through Square if we have available processing data for at least a portion of 2019 and 2020 available through your Square account. If you are able to apply through Square, you will see a module on your online Square Dashboard prompting you to begin the application. If you apply through Square you do not need to register through the SBA portal. If you began processing with Square in either 2020 or 2021, we recommend that you apply through the SBA Portal. Square will not be able to support these applications and you will not see a module on Dashboard to begin your application.

Update: The SBA has announced that they will officially stop accepting applications for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) on Monday, May 24, at 8 p.m. ET.

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 674
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Apologies for the issues! Here is the latest in updates:

• Withdrawing applications - In the instance that you made an error or submitted an incorrect application, you are now able to withdraw your application from the SBA Portal and restart your application through your Square Dashboard. To begin this process, login to the SBA portal with your SBA user ID and click “withdraw.” Once you withdraw your application, you will be able to see the RRF “Start Application” module on Square Dashboard. Please keep in mind, fields that you previously filled out in your application will not be retained and you will need to fill out your information again. Once you submit the application again through Square, you will receive a new SBA user ID to login to the SBA portal and login to eSign your application.
  • Annualizing receipts - We were informed by the SBA that there was an error in some RRF award calculations. Impacted sellers have been emailed and will need to re-submit their application through Square. This will ensure that the potential award amount is correctly reflected in their application. We apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to resubmit your application. Square is not involved in the allocation or determination of any funds. For any further questions or information, please reach out to the SBA.
  • Issues with emails not received -In the case that we were not able to successfully submit your application through Square to the SBA due to an error in the application, you will receive an email letting you know that there was an error with your application, what the error was, and prompting you to resubmit through your Square Dashboard to resolve the error. If Square was unable to submit your application to the SBA, you will receive an email prompting you to apply through the SBA.
  • General application glitches - If this issue is still happening after signing out/signing back in, please reach out to our Support team so they can file a ticket with our engineers.

I'll be sure to share any additional updates on this thread. 

Ani

View Best Answer >

Message 457 of 674
673 REPLIES 673

For the upcoming restaurant revitalization fund application, the calculation for the restaurant that is in operation before 2019, we use 2019 tax return as supporting supporting documents,  my company, a C Corp is established back in 2013 in July. 2019 tax return gross receipts is for the month of July 2019 through June 2020.   When I put down the numbers, I am confused on what numbers I should put down for 2019, should I put gross receipt from 01/19 to 12/19. Or should I just use the gross receipt on 2019 tax return, in that case, 01/2020 throu 06/2020 gross receipt is already included, any one can help me straight this out! 

Message 2 of 674
Seller Community Mentee

Where exactly is the special RRF Module located?  It is not showing up on my dashboard.

Message 3 of 674
Alumni

If you are eligible, you'll see the module here when you log into your Square Dashboard.

Click the Start application button to begin the process, @jk84mc:

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 674

Where is the resto relief link?!

Message 5 of 674
Alumni

I've moved your post over to the thread where we provided directions, @janetw1.

Please see the main post for full instructions, and refer to my post here for a visual.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 674

Valentina, we had access to the modul this morning, and now the modul (the same one in your post with the visual) is not showing up for us.

Also, I applied earlier but had to withdraw the application. I thought it was as easy as coming back to Square to re-apply. But the link is no longer there. 

Message 7 of 674

I was eligible this morning, and this afternoon, but now the link disappeared.  What is the solution?

Message 8 of 674
Alumni

@spnick @878otissfcb @windunwined @VeryFreshNoodle Apologies for the glitch! The link should be back on the Dashboard, please refresh if you haven't already.

Ani
Message 9 of 674
Beta Member

Thanks Ani- I'm just patiently waiting for my e-sign email 🙂

Shawn Nickerson
10 Years of Coffee in Bellevue
cafecesura.com
Message 10 of 674
Alumni

Thank you for being so patient and sorry for the delay, @spnick! Please hang tight 🙌

Ani
Message 11 of 674

This link does NOT show up...... I am eligible as I applied this morning and waiting all day for an email.  now the entire section is missing from my dashboard?!

Message 12 of 674
Beta Member

you're in good company my man, hang tight

Shawn Nickerson
cafecesura.com
Message 13 of 674

I’ve been a bar for almost 20 years, a restaurant for 5 and with square for 9 years.  There is no way we don’t qualify yet it never showed up on our dashboard.  Luckily, I decided to do it through SBA this morning.

Message 14 of 674
Beta Member

try a different browser, it doesn't show up on chrome for me

Shawn Nickerson
cafecesura.com
Message 15 of 674

I don't see the link on my dashboard

Message 16 of 674

where is the link to click on....nothing on my dash board'

Message 17 of 674

Where is that link to sign up???

Message 18 of 674

You see Link?

Message 19 of 674

where is the link

Message 20 of 674

Hi, Looking for the link please. Thank you!

Message 21 of 674