x
Admin

Small Business Month: Spotlight on Seller Groups!

Small Business Month Assets v3 - 600 x 200 c1v1.png

Throughout the Seller Community’s Small Business Month we have been putting the spotlight on the fantastic sellers who are part of the Community. 

In this post we are featuring sellers from some of our Seller Groups, where people from similar businesses swap ideas, ask questions and get to know one another. You will learn more about business owners from the Food & Beverage, Retail & eCommerce, and Beauty and Wellness groups. These sellers share what their favorite/least favorite parts of running a business are, what they didn’t expect about running a business, what has helped them to grow their business, and their plans for the future.  

Thank you to everyone who participated in Small Business Month, and to our featured businesses! 

Spotlight on Seller Groups

Clockwise from top left: A custom t-shirt by Designz by Akiko http://designzstore.com, Art and Joe in Steelville Missouri www.artandjoe.com, and spice blends from The Spice Bar www.spicebaryyc.comClockwise from top left: A custom t-shirt by Designz by Akiko http://designzstore.com, Art and Joe in Steelville Missouri www.artandjoe.com, and spice blends from The Spice Bar www.spicebaryyc.com

Retail & eCommerce Group  

The Spice Bar, @Thespicebar 

Located in Alberta, Canada The Spice Bar is a product line of small batch spice blends currently available to purchase online. Onome Edah’s passion for cooking was instilled in her by her mother “She was a maestro at mixing spices and she instilled that knowledge in me. I love testing combinations of different spices to come up with a unique blend.” Onome wears many hats, something that will be familiar to many sellers, “I am the creator, packer, labeller, shipper, delivery employee” for the business. 

Learn more about The Spice Bar and one of their products, Ajebutter Wing Rub, which featured in Avenue Magazine’s 30 Best things to eat and drink 2023

www.spicebaryyc.com

Re-POP Gifts, @repopgifts

Millie Hilgert is planning “world domination” from Re-POP Gifts in Boise, Idaho. We’re kidding! One of their long-term goals is to have “a headquarters with a distribution center to grow our e-commerce, with potentially a second brick and mortar [location]”. For Millie, her team has been important to the growth of the business,  “Hiring people who are passionate and caring, that have fun in our environment, they are so much of the customer experience that keeps people coming back and spreading the word about us”. Visit Repop Gifts online, on Facebook or follow them on Instagram @repopgifts.  

www.repopgifts.com 

Decenarios Cool, @decenarioscool

Adriana Sutil is the founder and owner of Decenarios Cool. Based in Miami, Florida, Decenarios Cool provides handmade bracelets and accessories from their online site, and from pop up stores and markets. Adriana’s customers are her favorite part of running a business, and she loves to hear their feedback. She also acknowledges that sometimes growth can be slow, but “at the end is all worth it”.  

www.decenarioscool.com

Designz by Akiko, @Mrsmacdood

An online custom design shop, Designz by Akiko is owned and operated by husband and wife team Jeannie and Richard Davies. Their store started as a hobby and is now an online custom design shop. Their favorite thing about running a business is “creating new products for my customers”. They have their eye on the future, with long-term goals to “transition to a store front where people can come in and actually see the products we make”. 

designzstore.com 

Bockemuehl Jewelers LLC, @willtheengraver

Will Bockemuehl started his business, The Celtic Jeweler later in life “What do you do when you're 60, out of work and overqualified? We opened our own store!” He sells quality celtic jewelry online and at events, which has helped him to grow his business, “Exposure at Highland Games, Renaissance Faires and other 'in person' venues, allowing people to see and feel the quality of my jewelry, making them more likely to order online, knowing what to expect.” Follow Bockemuehl Jewelers on Facebook, or find them at a faire this summer!

thecelticjeweler.com 

The Black Scintilla, @BS7

The Black Scintilla is a “sassy, inclusive, affordable” boutique in Midtown Oklahoma City. Rachael, who owns The Black Scintilla, wants to “continue growing my business to help more women feel the best about themselves regardless of shape, size, color”. They use Square because it “encompasses EVERYTHING I need to run my business as easily and efficiently as possible.” Rachael’s favorite thing about running a business? “My incredible customers.” 💙 

blackscintilla.com

Hilton Head Running Company 

Alfred Olivetti operates Hilton Head Running Company in Hilton Head, South Carolina. His favorite thing about running a business is the “opportunity to be creative”. He adds that “”saying yes to challenges and not fearing to fail” has helped him to grow his business. Wise words indeed! 

hiltonheadrunningcompany.com  

Beauty & Wellness Group

Aesthetics Dezign

Briya owns and manages Aesthetics Dezign in Phoenix, Arizona. To grow her business she “set goals and crush[ed] them!” We love that motivation. Her favorite thing about running a business - the people, “The people that come in the door - all of which have brows and skin! The people we hire and work with.”

www.aestheticsdezign.com 

Food & Beverage Group 

A Blu Doodle Home Bakery, @Abludoodle

Amber from A Blu Doodle Home Bakery makes “awesome vegan sweets”. She started her business in order to “change the way the world thinks about vegan sweets”. She also shared that she loves being her own boss but that “having to stay in hustle mode is my least favorite [thing about running a business].” Keep up the great work, Amber! ❤️

www.abludoodle-com.myshopify.com 

Art and Joe, @NotArtNorJoe 

Lanin Thomasa started a coffee shop and gallery called Art and Joe in Steelville, Missouri because they “couldn't get a decent latte in town”. They stay connected to their local community by participating in community events, “Steelville has developed some yearly sidewalk events, and we've reintroduced our annual Duck Race down the Wittenburg Creek that runs through town. We also have a long-term beautification plan for the Creek that we're putting together along with the City Council”. Check out their site www.artandjoe.com; or order coffee from their online store.

www.artandjoe.com

Join a Seller Group

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0