x
Admin

Square Online Store: Turn on Local Delivery

In many areas of the US, we know that the recent measures to control the coronavirus outbreak are impacting your business. To help you continue serving your customers, local delivery is now available with your Square account.

With the delivery feature turned on, customers can select delivery at checkout and also opt in to receive delivery text alerts. Order tickets sent to your kitchen will print all delivery details in the notes section. New delivery functionality lets you set estimated delivery time, delivery fee, and minimum delivery order value.

To turn on Local Delivery:

If you're new to Square or haven't set up a Square Online Store, follow these steps first: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders. Next, sign into the online Square Dashboard and proceed with the process below.

Note: Delivery is available to sellers in every country Square Online Store has launched in, however, order text alert notifications are only enabled in the US at this time.

For an illustration on what your customer sees and steps to complete the delivery order process, have a look at the presentation below.

If you'd like to see a comprehensive guide, check out this article in our Support Center: Learn how to set up local delivery.

In a neighborhood where your customers can come to you? Consider trying out curbside pickup: Turn on Curbside Pickup.

Let us know how it's going and don't hesitate to raise any questions!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: Square Online Store: Turn on Local Delivery

@Tom thanks for the update and for shedding some light on Square's online store fulfillment options. Do you know if Square plans to release a "flex-delivery" style delivery fulfillment option that could utilize third-party driver pools?

Message 2 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @porktaco — great to hear from you again! Hope you're doing well. I don't have specifics on hand right now but I'm checking in with a few team members. Thanks for your patience and we'll be back with more clarity as soon as possible. 🙏

Message 3 of 24
Highlighted

Thanks Tom. This looks great for restaurants but we are also have a greenhouse. I would like to take orders now for delivery in the future ie. next week, next month, or a specific day two months from now. Any chance for that feature soon?

Message 4 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @peacefulbelly — thanks for checking in.

I ran your post by some team members and I don't have a specific timeline available for when an extended delivery date feature may be available. That being said, we do have a partnership with Postmates that may help with what you're looking for: Postmates on-demand delivery with Square.

Note that the Postmates flow is not seamlessly integrated with the buyer checkout flow so the buyer will have to check out via one channel. On the seller side, you would need to schedule the delivery separately via the Postmates portal. This adds a few steps — but it can work for now. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!

Message 5 of 24
Highlighted

I also have a greenhouse business and need to schedule delivery in the future. Not same day, like a restaurant. Any chance that feature could be added very soon?

Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

@redwagonplants - We can certainly pass your request up to the Online Store Team for consideration!  We'll loop back here with future announcements as they come. 

Message 7 of 24
Highlighted

Yes, the inability to set a specific delivery DATE makes this feature useless for my business. Our farm needs to be able to sell plants and produce in advance, and specify the DATE and delivery location.
Square/ Weebly doesn't seem to be in any hurry to solve that problem and provide the feature we need. It looks like I will be forced to switch to another provider.

Message 8 of 24
Highlighted

Hi @Tom we are excited for this delivery feature since a lot of wine stores use Square and do local delivery.  One question: when the orders show up in my orders page on the iPad and Square Backoffice it shows "Pickup" but the delivery info is in the notes. And all actions revolve around pickup... See below.  

2020-03-24_17-03-37.jpg

2020-03-24_17-02-57.jpg

Message 9 of 24
Highlighted

@Tom @SimplyWine I was wondering the same thing. I noticed it still shows up a pickup order on the dashboard and also on the backend via an API request. Would love it in the future this could be its own fulfillment type to where it could be integrated into a local delivery management system for capturing proof of deliveries.

Also it would be super cool if this could be added to the POS app so the employees could create an order with local delivery as the fulfillment method. Thank you

Message 10 of 24