x
Admin

Square Online Store: Turn on Local Delivery

This post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.

In many areas of the US, we know that the recent measures to control the coronavirus outbreak are impacting your business. To help you continue serving your customers, local delivery is now available with your Square account.

With the delivery feature turned on, customers can select delivery at checkout and also opt in to receive delivery text alerts. Order tickets sent to your kitchen will print all delivery details in the notes section. New delivery functionality lets you set estimated delivery time, delivery fee, and minimum delivery order value.

To turn on Local Delivery:

If you're new to Square or haven't set up a Square Online Store, follow these steps first: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders. Next, sign into the online Square Dashboard and proceed with the process below. If you're in the retail business or a shop owner, you'll want to follow these steps instead.

Note: Delivery is available to sellers in every country Square Online Store has launched in, however, order text alert notifications are only enabled in the US at this time.

For an illustration on what your customer sees and steps to complete the delivery order process, have a look at the presentation below.

If you'd like to see a comprehensive guide, check out this article in our Support Center: Learn how to set up local delivery.

In a neighborhood where your customers can come to you? Consider trying out curbside pickup: Turn on Curbside Pickup.

Let us know how it's going and don't hesitate to raise any questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CaffeineToronto 👋 Thanks for adding your voice here to shoot us your question. 

I checked a couple Weebly resources, and it looks like editing specific delivery charges based on distance is still considered a Feature Request. I just tagged this post to flag over to our Product Teams for visibility. I think this would be a great added benefit! We will bounce back is anything is developed on this front. 

Thanks, again! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 85 of 95

Is there an option for the customer to select a specific day for delivery? It keeps defaulting to the next available delivery day and we're struggling to make this work. All of our customers order in advance.

Message 86 of 95
Beta Member

Unfortunately it looks like that option is not available however we do not do pick up orders and the customers are still able to select this option which does not charge the delivery fee that we normally charge. I hope this will be fixed soon. In the meantime I normally have to text or email my customer a link to my square calendar and allow them to select a delivery time and day.

Message 87 of 95

This feature will only happen if there are enough "likes" and so I hope @JustinC will connect your "request" with other requests seen here and https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/turn-off-prep-time-or-mark-as-not-applicable/m-p.... It is imperative for our business to turn this feature off too. 🙂 

Message 88 of 95

Does anyone know how to turn OFF the delivery/pick-up estimated date/times? 

Our service is only offered 3 days a week and there is no way to customize the orders to be delivered each of our 3 days when someone orders service in advance for all 3 days. It would be best to offer NO estimate. Perhaps, I need to not set "prepared food" setting, yet I do want option for pick-up and local delivery. Any advice would be so appreciated!

charlieparkerprovisions.square.site

Message 89 of 95
Alumni

At this time, disabling delivery/pick up times and dates is a feature request. It's necessary to allow delivery and pick up orders for customers. 

@BradyAvenue

Justin
Message 90 of 95

Yeah, but even though my hours of operation are customized, the delivery still offers hours within when we are closed. There really needs to be a way to better customize or shut off this until then. It confuses our customers obviously, and means we have a lot more emails/calls to say ignore the estimated delivery time as it is not accurate.

Message 91 of 95

I can wait to get my square so I started doing event and sell sell 

Message 92 of 95
Beta Member

Is there a way to give me delivery guy an email notification for delivery? Seems like that would be an easy one, but there are no options just for a simple notification. 

Message 93 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mikeysal,

There's not a way for us currently to send that to him but you can forward the order confirmation email to him that sends to the email address on the account if need be!

Ashley C
Message 94 of 95
Beta Member

But they would also get any and all orders that are auto forwarded? Or do you expect someone to manually forward only delivery orders? This doesnt seem realistic for multilocation food and bev operations. Seems like a delivery notification option would be standard if you are offering the delivery option on the platform

Message 95 of 95