x

Taxi business

My friend has a taxi service for our country area as we are too far from the City to get Taxis.

she’s looking for the right combination of solutions that helps her

• Schedule her 5 vehicles
  • retains her customer information
  • when a trip is booked use the pickup and drop off locations to calculate the cost (they set a price when it’s booked). Cost is usually how far is the trip and how long will it take, using Google maps
  • sms passengers updates on bookings
  • access to these only ‘needs’ to be the drivers. If guests could access some of their own info securely then that’s good too
  • confirmation of booking and allocation to scheduler is ok for it to happen by a person, not automatically

can anyone suggest a combination of solutions that would work well together?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @SxH,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm not aware of anything that would meet all of these needs currently, be it with Square or another platform. It sounds like you'd need either a taxi industry-specific app, that can meet as many of these criteria as possible or a custom solution built for you.

Of these things, with Square you can:

• Record customer details in a customer directory
  • Square Appointments covers some of the functionality of the scheduling side you're looking for, but not the taxi specific things like cost calculation, google maps integration, dropoff and pickup locations etc. Square appointments also book out services in pre-set blocks of time, which isn't that suited to taxis who may not know how long trips will take exactly.

I did a quick search online and found something called Trapeze that looks like they provide these sorts of solutions for the taxi industry. There are likely more out there as well, I'd encourage your friend to do some further research online by looking for industry-specific apps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

thank you Seamus.

Thnk you for your response, your consideration and your suggestions. I'll checkout trapeze and start looking at the industry specific options.

Message 3 of 3