x
Admin

Turn on Local Delivery for Shop Owners and Retailers

This post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.

We realize that recent events can make it challenging to do business as before. To help you serve your customers, you can now offer local delivery with your Square account.

With the delivery feature turned on, customers can select delivery at checkout and also opt in to receive delivery text alerts. Order tickets sent to your point of sale printer will print all delivery details in the notes section. The local delivery functionality lets you set estimated delivery time, delivery fee, and minimum delivery order value.

To turn on Local Delivery:

If you're new to Square or haven't set up a Square Online Store, follow these steps first: How to Set Up Online Shopping for Shop Owners and Retailers. Next, sign into the online Square Dashboard and proceed with the process below. If you're in the food and beverage business, you'll want to follow these steps instead.

To see what the customer experience would look like for a delivery purchase, view the video below.

For a comprehensive guide, check out this article in our Support Center: Learn how to set up local delivery.

In an area where your customers can easily come to you? You can also offer curbside pickup: Turn on Curbside Pickup for Shop Owners and Retailers.

Let us know how it's going and don't hesitate to raise any questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

thanks for getting this going! i realize that it is still in the works and fixes are on the way. is there a place to submit requests, or learn about the improvements and added features as they're made?

Message 2 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @rgb_soda

Welcome to the Community!

You're in the right place to reach out about Feature Requests and new things coming to Square. 

We are always open to seller feedback on our products, so adjustments can be made to fit the seller's need. 

Also, you get Product Update emails for being an account owner. You can check your email notification settings, here.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 12
Beta Member

@Kassi_ we desperately need to be able to set delivery parameters by zip code. my city is long and narrow - we can't use the radius feature, because a radius of, say, 15 miles from our base is great for north/south, but 15 miles to the east requires a ferry ride while 15 miles to the west is across a toll bridge and out into the boonies - both of which we don't include in our local delivery.
so we aren't using the delivery radius feature, but are receiving "local" delivery orders from across the u.s. and i have to cancel them and email the customer....

Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

@Kassi_ we also want to be able to edit the verbiage on the confirmation email, and/or set order deadlines & delivery days. we deliver mon/weds/fri 4-8pm, and the deadline is noon on that delivery day, which they (hopefully) read on the landing page. but if they order at 7:15pm on friday, the confirmation email says it will be delivered saturday.

Message 5 of 12

@rgb_soda

I completely understand. I won't have a timeline on if/when it would be implemented, but moving it to this board will get our Product Team's eyes on it. 

Check the Store Email information under your Settings in your Online Store. You will be able to edit the different type of emails - Order Confirmation, Shipping Confirmation, etc. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 12

Will this feature work with sessions setup for booking in Acuity? I've been told not to switch over to the Square appointment feature to keep my Acuity setup.

Amy Hammer
Message 7 of 12

Hey @TCS37122,

Pickup and Delivery features are for the Online Store only. 

Ashley C
Message 8 of 12

Are you able to have local deliveries and shipping available for all products? For example if they're in a close radius could they opt for delivery but if they're outside of that radius they would have to do shipping.

Message 9 of 12

Hey @cannoncandlesma great question. This is a feature that is available and can be set up on your Square Dashboard under Online Store > Settings > Pickup & Delivery. Make sure to click "set up" and you will be walked through setting up your delivery radius. For more details, follow this help article as well. I've inserted the screenshot here to help you get a visual of what this page looks like. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Message 10 of 12

We can no longer view the first video. Can we get an update?

Message 11 of 12
Admin

Thanks for letting us know and sorry about that, @YCBDS625😅 I just refreshed the embedded video and you should be able to view it on the first page now. Please let me know if any other questions or concerns come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 12