x
Admin

What's the best way to get your business name out there and market your website?

Hi Seller Community,

I’ve seen a few posts in the Community looking for advice and guidance on how best to advertise your business and what tactics/methods have worked for you to help gain more customers.

I've merged the existing threads into this new one and thought it might be handy to start a central repository of shared advice as a resource for Australian sellers! 

• What sort of resources do you use to get your business out there?
  • Do you use online marketing such as social media and paid ads?
  • Do you use any traditional methods such as offline advertising or direct mail marketing?
  • What forms of promotion have you found to be most effective for your business?

Feel free to reply to this post sharing a bit about your business and what’s been working for you!

Looking forward to some replies and suggestions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Put your store URL on everything - in your email sig, business cards, brochures, beauty studio Facebook page, on your car (if you can).

Leverage personal contacts as much as possible.
Carry business cards (which should include your store URL) everywhere you go.
When meeting new people and the question "what do you do?" comes up, have a decent elevator pitch ready and mention your online store (try not to be too salesy). 

Give all your beauty studio customers a discount code for your store.
Ask them, in return for the discount, to mention the store to their friends.

Plug your store incessantly on your beauty studio page.
Post about items that you sell in your store - try to have an interesting "angle" about the item in the post.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 12

Best Answer

Have a google business page, with all the relevant information.

have a facebook page.

have an instagram account if that suits your business.

Create engaging content and 'boost' (paid ad) to targeted audiences.

not all approaches suit every business, try googling 'google digital garage' there's some good free content.

if you can, you might need to hire a consultant. 

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hi I just set up my online skin care store in conjunction with my beauty studio. I am new to all of this and have no idea what im doing. So any tips on how to generate traffic and sales to my website please!

Message 2 of 12
Admin

Hey @omniibeatuy,

Thanks for reaching out!

As a starting point you may want to check out our guide to SEO (search engine optimisation) with Square Online. This can help you refine your website and give it a better chance of appearing higher in relevant Google searches for your business.

Other than that, I'm hoping other sellers might be able to chip in with any tips and tricks they may use! I've pinned your post to the top of our community homepage for now to try and get you a few more responses here 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 12

i have attempted to promote on social medias, by doing letter box drops asked family members but still nothing

Message 4 of 12
Admin

Hey @aquawave,

Thanks for your message - I've moved it to this other post asking a similar question, it's currently pinned to the top of the community forum. I'm hoping other sellers might see it and share some tips! 

A good starting point would be to learn a little more about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), I've linked our guide in the top reply in this post. I'd also recommend these guides on social media marketing for some ideas on promoting your business via social media 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 12

I don’t have any sales

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Hey @Andrew387,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Seller Community!

While I don't have all the answers here, please feel free to read through some of the advice in this thread from myself as well as other sellers.

I've moved your post here so we can have all similar requests in the same place and try to get a single thread of advice going 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 12
Admin

@AVsupport @LittleDragon @Auri @PuffinBillies @justjaneceramic @awfowner @dimo10 @Smithward @King_Casey @simesy @johnno @RobbieB @jeff_black tagging you one of our regular contributors in the event you've got any advice to offer here 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 12

Best Answer

Put your store URL on everything - in your email sig, business cards, brochures, beauty studio Facebook page, on your car (if you can).

Leverage personal contacts as much as possible.
Carry business cards (which should include your store URL) everywhere you go.
When meeting new people and the question "what do you do?" comes up, have a decent elevator pitch ready and mention your online store (try not to be too salesy). 

Give all your beauty studio customers a discount code for your store.
Ask them, in return for the discount, to mention the store to their friends.

Plug your store incessantly on your beauty studio page.
Post about items that you sell in your store - try to have an interesting "angle" about the item in the post.

Message 9 of 12
Alumni

Love this @johnno ! Have to be building your brand whenever and wherever you can. Great advice 🙂 

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 10 of 12
Admin

Hey @aquawave @omniibeauty - heads up I merged your posts into this new topic to try and get a few more ideas for helping Square sellers market their businesses! 

@johnno has provided some great tips already!

I'd also suggest some things like:

• Regularly post new social media content on your preferred channels to keep getting your business in front of your followers and consistently on their feeds
  • Engage in local business groups on Facebook and see what sorts of things you can share (this may depend on the rules of the group, so check those first!)
  • Consider revamping your branding, logo and graphic design elements if you've not done so for a while. Hiring a designer could be a good investment in developing your brand. You could look at places like Envato and 99designs
  • Look at what sort of online business services you can get done via online marketplaces such as Fiverr
  • Take a deep dive into the different resources you can find on google - there's a lot of info and advice out there!
Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 12

Best Answer

Have a google business page, with all the relevant information.

have a facebook page.

have an instagram account if that suits your business.

Create engaging content and 'boost' (paid ad) to targeted audiences.

not all approaches suit every business, try googling 'google digital garage' there's some good free content.

if you can, you might need to hire a consultant. 

Message 12 of 12