x
Square Champion

Chelsea in Bloom - Where City Meets Countryside

London / Chelsea bursts into colour this week, celebrating the RHS Chelsea Flower Show with vibrant blooms and creative planting schemes. Local businesses, community gardens, and even homes will showcase their floral flair, transforming streets and squares into mini gardens. From hanging baskets overflowing with petunias to window boxes bursting with geraniums, this area becomes a fragrant and delightful spectacle.

So many businesses take part and even the residents are having a go.  The full link is here https://www.chelseainbloom.co.uk/  You can see all the entries - There’s a lot of information on the site , you can even vote for your favourite here https://www.chelseainbloom.co.uk/participants-voting/ I love the “Cherry” installation at Sloane and the “Dentist” made me smile.  This is a free event to attend, with 104 entrants!  It’s a great success story.  Does your town or city do anything like this? 

Here’s a snippet of some of the 2024 delights. 

Photos courtesy of Irene Slytherclaw on “X”

IMG_0888.jpegIMG_0889.jpegIMG_0890.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Wow this is so beautiful! I remember that Philadelphia has something similar when they have their yearly flower show too 😍

Tagging some other Sellers as I think they'd enjoy this too! @Kristyw94@StuffInBalloons@Windswept-garde, and @lotusflowerom 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 7
Admin

This is so beautiful and such a cool way for businesses to standout in their local communities. 

Thank you for sharing @Twiggy 🌻

Message 3 of 7
Admin

This is still on my to-do list 🌻! I love that ice cream/sundae installation — I have a wicked sweet tooth, haha.

There's a similar event in Dublin called Bloom Festival. It's a ticketed event and is held in Phoenix Park, which is one of the largest urban parks in Europe and home to a plethora of things including but not limited to: the Dublin Zoo, the President's Residence, the USA Ambassador Residence, the deer field, and so many other things 😂. It's a lovely time-out if the weather is nice, but then it's Dublin so there's a 50/50 chance of rain always. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 7
Square Champion

Looks absolutely amazing. I have to add it to my list of must visit.

Thanks for sharing @Twiggy!

Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

Looks like an outstanding event! Reminds me of the parade floats in the Tournament of Roses Parade. Held every New Year's Day in the U.S. The only difficult thing is when you watch it on TV it's hard to see some of the intricate detailing. They spend months creating these flower sculptures.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

OMG this is so cool! I wish my town did this 😊 

That ice cream sunday display is like nothing i have ever seen before!

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 7 of 7