x
Admin

Happy Lunar New Year: What is your favorite celebratory dish?

For many of us, the new year officially kicks off this weekend with the start of the Lunar New Year celebration. 🏮

Lunar New Year is always a special time of year for folks but it’s extra special this year for me, as I’m getting to celebrate it in Vietnam for the first time in 8 years!

000048.JPG

Lunar New Year is my favorite time of year because of all the special dishes you get to eat. What is your favorite celebratory dish for the Lunar New Year? Do share a photo of it in the reply with us!

In my family, we would all gather and wrap bánh chưng, which is a glutinous square cake filled with mung beans and meat, its ingredients symbolize the earth. Here’s a photo from our wrapping party 🎉

754C0569-AABF-4DD9-A5FF-C0C499963028.JPG

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

What beautiful photos, @tranguyen ! 

Happy Lunar New Year to you and the entire Seller Community ❤️

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Happy Lunar Year @tranguyen....Beautiful pics.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Happy Lunar New Year! We'll be celebrating lunar New Year in shop with a mini-pinata bundle. We made a custom roller oil for lunar new year and one lucky winner will receive a free 30 minute reading if they receive the piñata with the lucky cat inside. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

So glad you get to celebrate at home this year - Happy Lunar New Year! We get treats from our members for Lunar New Year sometimes but this year I treated everyone to Satsumas I ordered from a small farm called Marmalade Grove in California (SO GOOD!!!!!) In Polish/Russian/Czech culture we do Pork&Sauerkraut or stuffed cabbages for luck/wealth in the upcoming year. 

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 5 of 5