x

Afterpay automatically turned on

Square has done it again!

Deploying a new feature or option and turning it on for all of us without advance notice or consent. I just happened to have a minute to read the messages on my online dashboard up under the little notification bubble. It was informing me that Afterpay had been turned on for my online store and what the fees would be for it. Why do they keep rolling things out and turning them on? Why not tell us it's a feature that is now available? I can't keep doing this. They forced us to buy a subscription to use the appointments features that are useful. I'm now going to be looking for a new and better option for my spa. I know they are out there, I just didn't want to put the work in to make the switch previously. It's time. 

More specifically, the message said: 

Afterpay has been enabled on your Square Online Checkout links

Boost your sales by letting your customers pay in installments with Afterpay. You can offer Afterpay on your Square Online Checkout links, and pay a promotional processing rate of 2.9% + 30¢ through July 29, 2022. Afterwards, your Afterpay rate becomes 6% + 30¢ per transaction. You can disable Afterpay at any time in your Square account settings.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5

Yes, I am aware it can be disabled. My point is that these features are being turned on for our accounts automatically, rather than allowing us to turn them on. 

Message 3 of 5

I have been trying to DISABLE AFTERPAY, but it won't let me!  It just keeps saying "Ÿour Changes Failed To Save. Please try again later."

Very Disappointed! I have tried many times, and different days....it keeps saying the same thing.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I responded to your other post, @Crosswinds, but can you confirm the site URL? We can take a look, and will escalate this to the team if the issue persists. 

Message 5 of 5