x
Beta Member

Quickbooks Online & Square

I have a quickbooks online account...first question is:

1) Do I really need Square and Quickbooks online? Can square handle both? 

2) How do I link Square to Quickbooks Online? 

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @stmclain 👋 Thanks for taking the time to join us here on the Seller Community! Welcome - happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding integrating their Square account with Quickbooks Online.

Take a look at this Best Answer from RHatch - he will point you to the access point for integration. Also, this helpful guide will answer any questions you have concerning reporting and documentation of sales.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller Alumni

Square is just a payment processor and a register to track sales.  Square does not track expenses, bill pay, etc.  

You can export data and import it manually or connect it from your Quickbooks online apps.

Message 2 of 14

Can Square send end of days sales by department to QBO

Message 3 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @stmclain 👋 Thanks for taking the time to join us here on the Seller Community! Welcome - happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding integrating their Square account with Quickbooks Online.

Take a look at this Best Answer from RHatch - he will point you to the access point for integration. Also, this helpful guide will answer any questions you have concerning reporting and documentation of sales.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 14

I have Square transfers that are not getting to my QuickBooks Online account, but are making it to my bank account.  I have a sneaky suspicion the new Connect to Square App is the culprit.  Predictably, however, Square Support and QBO Support are both telling me it is not their problem.  Has anyone come across this and actually found some help?

Message 5 of 14
Super Seller

@RandyParked ;

I am having that problem with my stores emails (not fault of Square) Domain Register says in my Web Hosts Fault on a setting, Web Host Says it the Registers fault.  For my QuickBooks Integration I use Transaction Pro Importer which imports more than just daily sales.  I use it for my Desktop Integration for QuickBooks, and I love it.  They do have a Online version too, here is their Link if you want to check them out : transactionpro importer  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 14

Thank you!

Message 7 of 14
Super Seller

You're welcome

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 8 of 14

Have you had any resolution to your problem?
We haven't had anything correctly synch to QBO since we started the Connect To Square app on May 2!!
I am seeing horrible reviews on the QBO page as well. QBO says I need to talk to Square. Not getting anywhere with them.

Our books are a mess! 

Message 9 of 14
Super Seller

@thoctagon ;

I have gotten mine fixed by using the Transaction Pro Integration.  As you have said nothing with the Square to QuickBooks Online integration seems to work correctly and leaves a mess.  

Here is a link To Transaction Pro Importer / Deleter:

Transaction Pro Importer and Deleter 

You may need the deleter to remove somethings from QuickBooks and just let TPI import all new data for the sales.

Here is a link on for TPI on YouTube how it works with QBs Online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnLsChPh9qY   it is about a 15 min video

TPI for online runs about $30 per month for unlimited import for up to 3 company files into QBO

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 10 of 14

Transaction Pro is not an option for us.  
I was hoping for more help with the app that is already in use. This new "Connect To Square" app creates a ton of more work in QuickBooks. I can't find anyone who can help. There is no way to find out who created this app. QBO says it is Square and vice versa.  Why did they discontinue the old app? It was working just fine! 

Message 11 of 14
Super Seller

I was having the same type of issue with the Desktop integration which is how I came across TPI.  I researched some of the integrations and the finger pointing is annoying.  Neither company takes responsibility for these connection apps or lets the end user seek help from the app designer of the app.  I do not work for Square or QuickBooks so I have no idea why the change from a working app to one that creates headaches was approved by either company as a way for integration.  I am sorry that I could not help you.  I love TPI since using it and the fact that it works with any csv data I can export and need imported to QuickBooks, and do not have to worry about learning another integration that may or may not work.  I use it to import my online sales also to QuickBooks which is not affiliated with Square.  I keep asking for Square to give videos or instructions on how to setup and use their recommended hardware and other apps.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 12 of 14

How much do you pay for TPI Keith? TPI actually shows up in our QBOnline but our accountant must have added it.  But the accountant does not work with Square so I am guessing it just shows up because they bought a multi use license for their other companies. They don't have access to our Square so they can't export csv files from Square.  I have no idea if we the cheapest version of TPI will help us. We don't sell much, as mentioned, we are a nonprofit... Anyway thanks.  
(I have searched every 2022 community question dealing with Quickbooks and you have replied to almost every one mentioning TPI so I was beginning to suspect you work for TPI)

Message 13 of 14
Super Seller

@thoctagon ;

I use the Desktop version and I paid $300 ( or breaks down to $25 / month for a year)

But Year 2-?????? I do not have to upgrade or pay anything more unless I need or want more features or it no longer works with quickbooks desktop.  I bought the Importer/Exporter/Deleter .

If I just wanted to Import it would have been $200 ( $16.67 per month) for the 1st year then free till I need to update or it no longer works with a new version of Quickbooks Desktop.

These are both Buy once use forever licenses.

Now for TPI online it is $10 or $30 a month depending how many lines you need to import.

$10 a month get you 200 lines according to their website.  So if you only import your Daily total sales you would be fine with this I think

$30 a month gets you unlimited entries according to their site.

Now what I did was I bought a subscription to QBs Desktop for $550 a year for what I need I would be at $80 a month times 12 is $960 so for me this was a no brainer.

As for TPI yes I answer alot of connection issues for importing to QBs with this because it is used by accountants to straighten out books.  They can delete/export/and import information of all types to QuickBooks.  TPI works with ANY CSV file, so if you have Square, Clover, Lightspeed etc and can export to CSV this will work.  You may want to ask your accountant since it shows on your QuickBooks account how it got there or if he recommends it.  Maybe if you export the CSV files to him he can import them for you for Free.  It would make his life easier at the end of year if the books are right in the beginning.

Now why do I promote TPI..... basically it is the only importer I found for the Desktop version that actually import each Item I sell to reduce my items in QuickBooks.  Plus I also use it for my online store which again reduces my inventory in QuickBooks keeping my Inventory Straight.  

The integrations here I read import the Total daily Sales amounts in to QuickBooks but not each Item.

So for me I would see in QuickBooks I had say $400 in Sales, $24 in Tax collection and $30 in Square Fees.  For some businesses this might be expectable but I need to see I sold 5 Lilac 28oz jars, 10 Wax Melts of Lemon...etc along with the Taxes and fees.   Plus the TPI program can import other things to QuickBooks Online Also....

• Transactions Supported

• Bank Statements
    • Bills
    • Bill Payments
    • Checks
    • Credit Card Charges
    • Credit Card Credits
    • Credit Memos
    • Deposits
    • Estimates
    • Invoices
    • Journal Entries
    • Purchase Orders
    • Purchases – Cash (Expenses)
    • Receive Payments
    • Refund Receipts
    • Sales Receipts
    • Time Activities
    • Transfers (Bank)
    • Vendor Credits

• Lists Supported

• Accounts
      • Classes
      • Customers
      • Employees
      • Locations
      • Products and Services
      • Vendors

I am just trying to help people get the data to QuickBooks and I like using this program, been wanting to make a video of what I do because its quick and easy.

Any questions I will try to answer but I do not use the Online Versions

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 14 of 14