x
Admin

Meet a Super Seller: GourmetOnWheels

super seller wordmark blue.png

Welcome to the latest in our series Meet a Super Seller where we interview Square sellers who go above and beyond to help others in the Community. 🎉 Super Sellers are experts in Square, participate in Square Beta programs, provide feedback on Square’s features and tools and much much more! Learn more about how to engage in the Community and how you can potentially become a Super Seller. If a Super Seller helps you be sure to like their reply or mark it as a Best Answer.

Today we meet @GourmetOnWheels who started as cheese business owner in 2011 and has since expanded to offer charcuterie, grass-fed beef, Jidori chicken, kurobuta pork, lamb, wild boar, duck, canned seafood, and other gourmet pantry items. The are based in Los Angeles, California. 

Community Username: @GourmetOnWheels

Business Name: Gourmet On Wheels Inc.

Tell us about your business.

I left the record industry to start my cheese business. We opened in September 2007 and started using Square in 2011. In 2020 I made my website a delivery-only website for delivery in LA County www.gourmetsonwheels.com 

Where can we learn more about your business on social media? 

https://www.instagram.com/gourmetsonwheels/ 

What changes, if any, have you made to your business adapt to COVID-19 restrictions? 

I turned my website into a delivery only website and the Farmers' Market we sell at was only closed until April 5th with strict guidelines. I sell at one Farmers' Market and do deliveries 5 days per week and during both I wear two masks and a screen and take 6 foot from my customers at payment on delivery.

What’s the best business advice you’ve received?

Start paying yourself.

Why did you start using Square?

Using a mobile credit card terminal the fees totalled 5.8% of sales and then I saw Square with 2.75% for all cards and the process to switch to Square was super fast and super easy.

What do you know now that you wish you would have known on day 1 of starting your business?

That I should have started with a booth instead of a cheese truck, more sales at the farmers' market and $5,000/year less overhead, not including the gasoline savings.

What questions can you help with in the Community? What's your favorite discussion topic?

How to pinch pennies running your business. 

What is your favorite Square tool/feature?

Open tickets.

What is your top feature request? 

Bluetooth connectivity for the Square Terminal.

Would you like to share anything else?

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.

Gourmet On Wheels Logo_.jpeg

Thank you very much for sharing your story @GourmetOnWheels! We’re lucky to have you in the Seller Community.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for sharing a bit about your business @GourmetOnWheels!

Totally agree that life is too short to eat boring cheese 🧀🫕😊 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

This was fun and refreshing to read from a fellow small business owner! The grind is real!

Message 3 of 3